Falkland vets?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by canuck123, Jul 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there any on this site?
  2. Or even "Are there any on this site?" :)

And in answer, "Aye, aye"
  3. You were there?

P.S ya im not good with sentence structure.
  4. Yup, for my sins I was one of many sent down south to help sort out Galtierie's mob :)
  5. What unit were you in?
  6. 42 Cdo - I and a bunch of oppos were based on LSL Sir Bedevere for most of the time. You out there?
  7. No just curious looking to hear stories got any.
  8. Without meaning to be rude, it took me nearly 10 years to talk to people I love and trust about my experiences down south in '82, so you can guess how much I would love to talk to a complete stranger about the subject.
    There are plenty of books to read,, there's a good one by my ex-skipper called "Four weeks in May", that will give you some insight.
  9. I was waiting on that coming. You don't really want to go prodding at pyschologically delicate stuff like that mate. :pale:
  10. My bad. Just i wanted a first hand view on the conflict. Ill check out that book.
  11. Good move dude - there's plenty out there.
  12. Not a problem, but sometimes you can get into hot water if you are not careful. I do talk about it sometimes, but only usually with people I know well and feel comfortable with.
    Read some of the books written by people out there, another good one is "Through fire and water" about HMS Ardent.....
  13. Another good book
    Sink the Belgrano by Mike Rossiter
  14. Thanks, any 45 commando books out there?
  15. No books about 45 in print (That I know of)! Suggest you read some of the following:-

No Picnic

Razors Edge

Kiss me goodnight Sgt Major? Can't remember the proper title.

Shaun (ex 45)
  16. The Red and Green Life Machine is another.
  17. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"Don't Cry For Me, Sergeant Major" by Jeremy Hands, with links to other Falklands books. THe sequel book is "Try Not To Laugh, Sergeant Major", based on the Army's experiences in Germany at the end of the Cold War. Remember reading them as a younger lad; very funny as I recall.