FALKLAND ISLANDS - 25 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - YEOVILTON AIR DAY

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by fido, May 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One of the themes of RNAS Yeovilton Air Day for 2007 is the 25th Anniversary of the Falkland Islands Conflict. The organisers are seeking veterans of the conflict to man a stand for one hour during Air Day on 7 July. Vets will man the stand in pairs and will be surrounded by aircraft and equipment of both sides (Brit/Argie) and be willing to share their experiences with members of the public. Any personal memorabilia would be most welcome. Yeovilton offers free admission for volunteers for Air Day in recompense for a one hour stand but family members would have to pay. All branches of the RN are welcome to apply - around twenty volunteers are sought. Point of contact is Lt Jerry Tribe, 815 NAS Programming Officer - telephone 01935 455739 but, if you cannot reach him, please PM me.

Best wishes,

fido

2. A tot or 2 of pussers rum might help the Vets re-call some of their exploits!

3. Bit tight that - could have offered a discount to family members as an incentive.

SF

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: FALKLAND ISLANDS - 25 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - YEOVILTON AIR D

An hour simply is not enough :lol:

".....got out me scratcher, two hours before Specials, had a dhoby & then went to breakfast on the day we sailed from Blighty for the Falklands" :roll:

(Before anyone gets irate I refer to myself!)

5. I'm trying to find someone local to me to come and have a chat with the cadets regarding the falklands, anyone got any ideas were I might track someone down?

6. Ninja_Stoker

Try SAMA 82 Womps. Failing that, if it's in the Northwest I do lectures for weddings, Sea Cadets, barmitzvahs etcs., (bring packed lunches).

Seriously, try your local AFCO too.

7. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Leave it with me-I know some people.... ;)

8. Re: FALKLAND ISLANDS - 25 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - YEOVILTON AIR D

Where do you live Womps?
    RoofRat

9. Ninja_Stoker

No thanks, just had one.

10. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

not heard that one before 8O

11. Give me a break guys - I was simply asked to broadcast the offer - I 'aint in the business of giving out the freebees. As it is, although I have offered my services for an hour, I now find that I can't get to where I need to be on completion of the stand - and I don't need a free ticket anyway! Bottom line is, however, it you are coming to Air Day at least one of your gets in free in exchange for an hour of FI Dits!

12. Ninja_Stoker

My missus was gobsmacked when I told her that there was an offer to inflict onto others what she's been putting up with for years. :lol:

Even my eight year old son suggested I should go, "just to get it out your system". Little bugger. 8O

13. Re: FALKLAND ISLANDS - 25 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - YEOVILTON AIR D

Then do it!