Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falkland Island Chapel

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I found this on 'tinterweb. Wonder if it is 'our' RatsRoden? If so, then power to his elbow - as they say!

So as a lot of people that know me are aware either on FB or Family I've got a screw or Two loose.

So I've decided to try and Raise 5k for the FI Chapel.

I'm going to be doing 5 X challenges, the first will be my first Triathlon, then a Summer Wolf Run, followed by a trip down the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth, the Fifth event is waiting to be Finalized, but I'm after ideas for the fourth event, (all ideas considered ).

If I can raise the 5k it's going to be used to purchase a Falklands Bench, with all the name's of the Lads that didn't come home as well as the FI civilians that were KIA.

The rest is going to the FI Chapel, to assist in helping 82 lads that would like to attend but may have fallen on hard times.

I'll be putting up "giving pages" in the New Year and hoping that the FB congregation as well as Friends and Family will support me.

I'll be doing some of the event's with my Daughter, son-in-law and hopefully a few Muckers for the team event's.

So let's hope we can pull together, and raise the money needed for both project's.

I'll be letting you all know date's and timings.

Regards XXXX

(Rat's Roden)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Governor to Falkland Islands delivers annual address to Legislative Assembly MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy in Argentina announces finalists of Falkland Islands Regional Student Competition 2019/2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Why would I like to meet my neighbours in the Falkland Islands? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inscrições abertas para concurso cultural que vai levar estudantes às Ilhas Falkland MoD News 0
J Naval Party 8902 Falkland Islands - Hovercraft SRN6 The Fleet Air Arm 4
MoD_RSS News story: Prime Minister's 2018 Christmas message to the Falkland Islands MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK Statement on an air link between South America and the Falkland Islands MoD News 0
soleil Portsmouth News: "Portsmouth Survivors Of HMS Sheffield Back Bid To Name New Type 26 Frigate After Doomed Falkland Ship" The Fleet 35
MoD_RSS News story: Prime Minister's 2016 Christmas message to the Falkland Islands MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Falkland Islands reception: HMS Clyde MoD News 0
Sgt Jobsearch Director Of Emergency Services - Falkland Islands - £70,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS News story: Christmas 2014: PM's message for the Falkland Islands MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to Parliament: The Falkland Islands Referendum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Falkland Islands vote to remain British Overseas Territory MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary re-affirms UK’s support for Falkland Islands MoD News 0
C HMS Kent and the Battle of the Falkland Islands 1914. History 26
Kev73 Falkland Is - guard ship Current Affairs 49
DemobJob Sea King Mechanic - Falkland Islands - £35,683 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Guzzler The falkland islands Current Affairs 2
soleil BFBS: "Retracing 45 Commando's Falkland's Yomp" The Corps 0
DemobJob Sea King Technician req in Falkland Islands - £31k+ The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
F Argentina, Falklands, BBC and a Falkland islander's nationality Current Affairs 8
soleil Telegraph: "Britain Can Do 'Nothing' To Prevent Argentina Retaking Falkland Islands" Current Affairs 16
finknottle Falkland Islands: Oil boom or no oil boom? Current Affairs 21
H Leeds United Shirt to be auctioned for Falkland Veterans Charity 1
21_Man Falkland Ship Current Affairs 7
sgtpepperband Pompey News: "End of era for Falkland ships..." The Fleet 1
P FALKLAND ISLANDS DISCUSSION Current Affairs 39
L Falkland decree? History 0
O Argentina in Falkland sailing permit move Current Affairs 79
trelawney126 Three Soldiers Shot in Falkland Islands Current Affairs 3
soleil "Royal Navy Falkland's Veteran Flies Against Taleban" The Fleet Air Arm 5
soleil The Telegraph: "Falkland Islands to be left without Warship" Current Affairs 95
D Falkland's Vet with Parkinson's Disease gets Parkin' ticket Current Affairs 6
H Indulgence Flights to Falkland Islands for Veterans Current Affairs 8
chockhead819 FALKLAND ISLANDS PETITION Petitions 8
Father_Famine Remembrance Day Service - Stanley in the Falkland Islands Current Affairs 4
C Falkland vets? The Corps 16
F FALKLAND ISLANDS - 25 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - YEOVILTON AIR DAY The Fleet Air Arm 13
S Falkland 25th Anniversary Social & Reunions 0
MoD_RSS World’s most remote island helps UK exceed protected ocean target MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next big step for Thorney Island’s flood defences MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Puma helicopter performs first island medical evacuation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Walkers to enjoy new 21-mile coastal path on Walney Island MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Minister Rebecca Pow visits Wallasea Island MoD News 0
soleil Island Echo: "Ryde's Sea Cadets Looking For New Adult Leaders" SCC and URNU 0
MoD_RSS FCO Minister Wheeler visit to Fiji and the Pacific Island Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Commission appoints interim managers to Island Health Trust MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: £60 million search begins for the next Peppa Pig, Art Attack and Desert Island Discs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: £300,000 refurbishment for Branston Island flood reservoir MoD News 0