Falkland Is - guard ship

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Kev73, Jan 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone know what ship is reliving the Edinburgh?

2. Admiralty will I bet! (And Edinburgh's Ship's Co)

3. and your a senior member....:roll:

4. Awfully sorry dear Junior Member but ships programmes are seldom discussed on an unofficial Naval forum. Something to do with security.

5. I was just inqiring if anyone knew... its is possible the ship has all ready set off for the south atlanic (which could mean its been in the press)

6. I think you may find the RN does not advise the press of operational ship movements. Especially something like the FI's unless they, (RN), are scare mongering regards the current situation re Argentina's sabre rattling. A normal ships deployment is rarely news worthy unless like the Daring Class which was the first of it's type to carry our the patrol and therefore was of interest to people.

It's one of those things, if the government or Admiralty wish we humble beings to know - they will publicise the matter.

7. Ask Albert in the Avondale, he knows all (if he's still alive)

8. There is of course that avenue. Like the NAAFI damager!!!

9. in the press just before the Edinburgh left on her 2011 deployment!!!!

HMS Edinburgh leaves for South Atlantic, Falklands and South Georgia patrolling — MercoPress

and again for her 2012/13 deployment

HMS Edinburgh set to leave Portsmouth on her final... - Silobreaker

even the navy news ran a story the day they left

https://navynews.co.uk/archive/news/item/5885

so seeing how I even asked if anyone knew if a ship had already set off for the south atlantic.... it was not an unreasonable question...

senior member.... :neutral:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  10. There you go. Did all the work yourself.

The power of google. Eeeee ain't the tinternet great.

Just goes to show you get the right answers if you look in the right place and you don't take the lazy route and ask others to do the work for you!

Maybe now you will leave us old sods to just fester and take the piss as we have since Site immemorial!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. yes google is great.... especally when used to show someone up!! I guess you have never asked a question before.

and here was me thinking asking a question about the Royal Navy on a Royal Navy forum would be ok!!!
    Those press articles were easy to find seeing how I knewthe Edinburgh was down there and when she set off...
    I’m afraid you just highlight the downfall of most forums.Someone comes on and asks a question and you start to giggle at your keyboard.

12. Spot on. Passed a few moment before night shift.

Thank you!

13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yes. This one;

[​IMG]

14. On 27/4/2006:
    Kev,

By age & by time at RR you are a "senior member" yourself but seem to have had a sense of humour failure somewhere along the line; remember 'banter' in the Andrew?

I'm guessing that you have a genuine reason for inquiring but I don't know the answer; suggest try a PM to Soliel as she might be able to help.

15. Ye Gods - is that half an RAF roundel showing???? We're doomed, doomed I tell you!

16. You're dead right there SB that bloke on the port wing looks like he's seen something quite scary !

17. I know for a fact that it's not the Belgrano.

18. That's been down there for decades BNM.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shock/Horror as Kev73's true identity revealed... 108989-003-FD429B07.jpg :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. No ship being sent down there.........

Just a couple of boats!