Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fake SAS "Hero" exposed.

SELJUK

War Hero
I see these sad people in the city of Hereford every day...they can be pinged sitting in all the old special forces pubs. All of them with the obligatory silly Freddie Mercury moustache. They are all desperate to be noticed and not noticed if you see what I mean. They are usually very conspicious by their sudden absence when a pissed up genuine ex operator falls through the door! Not that all SF operators are drunkards...only most of them.....and why do they ALL seem to be Scottish or Irish?
(This is tongue in cheek by the way....I do not want to be disembowled ok guys)!
 

Joe_Crow

War Hero
SELJUK said:
I see these sad people in the city of Hereford every day...they can be pinged sitting in all the old special forces pubs. All of them with the obligatory silly Freddie Mercury moustache. They are all desperate to be noticed and not noticed if you see what I mean. They are usually very conspicious by their sudden absence when a pissed up genuine ex operator falls through the door! Not that all SF operators are drunkards...only most of them.....and why do they ALL seem to be Scottish or Irish?
(This is tongue in cheek by the way....I do not want to be disembowled ok guys)!

The three I know (genuine people with proven credentials) do not have moustaches, are not drunkards, and one isn't even Scottish, despite living in the Highlands. They are by contrast, quiet, unassuming, warm and intelligent.
 

wallace

Midshipman
Agree with above comment. My limited contact with a Regiment QM was illuminating. He said he didn't participate in the Embassy seige "but knew of hundreds who had!"
 
wallace said:
Agree with above comment. My limited contact with a Regiment QM was illuminating. He said he didn't participate in the Embassy seige "but knew of hundreds who had!"

My best man was ex regiment and didnt stand out from the crowd,he just blended in.

He didnt talk much of what he had done and when asked to partake in a book someone was writing he declined.
Apparently you get binned from the regiments social life after you have left if you do.

He did know Andy Mcnab and Chris Ryan but only thru training them i think.
He wa more Lofty Wiseman,Chay Blythe era.
 

Ueshiba

Lantern Swinger
rod-gearing said:
wallace said:
Agree with above comment. My limited contact with a Regiment QM was illuminating. He said he didn't participate in the Embassy seige "but knew of hundreds who had!"

My best man was ex regiment and didnt stand out from the crowd,he just blended in.

He didnt talk much of what he had done and when asked to partake in a book someone was writing he declined.
Apparently you get binned from the regiments social life after you have left if you do.

He did know Andy Mcnab and Chris Ryan but only thru training them i think.
He wa more Lofty Wiseman,Chay Blythe era.

Exactly, the SF guys that I know and have met, are mostly unassuming types, and you wouldn't guess their background. I am working with two right now, and one of them is a hellish small and thin guy. You'd never guess. And not a zappata tache in sight. Mind you, back in the 80s long hair and taches seemed to be all the rage with 21, it was almost like a uniform, and it did make their guys stand out like a saw thimb on the town on a Friday night.
 
chockhead819 said:
As a chockhead, when people asked what the H & the aircraft signified it was easy. Harrier or Helicopter Pilot

With a Geneva Cross on our arm, we used to get asked "Are you in the Red Cross?" Errh! Eh? How many sailors are there in the Red Cross? I reckon that anybody who says he was in SAS wasn't. Difficult for those who really were I suppose, but hey ho!
 
Guns said:
Why is it the Walts never pretend to be a Cook or Storeman.


"Yep - 22 yrs before the mast. Kept the tidiest Stores you ever saw. Why one time........"

Nope its always

"I was first through the window"

If only I'd known when I was Nozzy Nozzer, then I'd have passed myself off as a Cook rather than a Trog. Damn, an opportunity lost! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Perhaps he was researching into the history & ethos of the SAS but couldn't get the answers he was expecting by asking them directly. :crazy: ...speaking from experience! ^_^;
 

FLAGHOIST

Badgeman


Perhaps the media got in wrong (Sun). He could have been SAS, a Saturday and Sunday Soldier, or a member of the TA as we know it. Only joking.

Regards. Chris




 
Ninja_Stoker said:
Guns said:
Why is it the Walts never pretend to be a Cook or Storeman.


"Yep - 22 yrs before the mast. Kept the tidiest Stores you ever saw. Why one time........"

Nope its always

"I was first through the window"

To be fair, most genuine Cooks always claim they are Harrier pilots.

Wonder if Harrier pilots ever tell anyone they cooked scran for 800 matelots once?

Think it was HMS Ark Royal, 1978, Fort Lauderdale, pipe over main ships tanoy, "Would the cook who files Phantoms report to the aft gangway"
 

Ueshiba

Lantern Swinger
Ronnie_Biggs said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
Guns said:
Why is it the Walts never pretend to be a Cook or Storeman.


"Yep - 22 yrs before the mast. Kept the tidiest Stores you ever saw. Why one time........"

Nope its always

"I was first through the window"

To be fair, most genuine Cooks always claim they are Harrier pilots.

Wonder if Harrier pilots ever tell anyone they cooked scran for 800 matelots once?

Think it was HMS Ark Royal, 1978, Fort Lauderdale, pipe over main ships tanoy, "Would the cook who files Phantoms report to the aft gangway"
:clap: :rofl:
 

oberon

Lantern Swinger
"But I knew something was wrong when I saw how rubbish he was at marching. He’s a con-man. His lies are disgusting."

Should have said he had been a "O boat" submariner we were shite at marching so he could of got off with it!! :thumright:
 
wallace said:
Agree with above comment. My limited contact with a Regiment QM was illuminating. He said he didn't participate in the Embassy seige "but knew of hundreds who had!"

At the last count it was three thousand nine hundred and fifty two and that was just the trooper who got hung up!!

The troopers storming the place are countless.

With a Geneva Cross on our arm, we used to get asked "Are you in the Red Cross?" Errh! Eh? How many sailors are there in the Red Cross? I reckon that anybody who says he was in SAS wasn't. Difficult for those who really were I suppose, but hey ho!

Remember the old blood capsule in the mouth trick on a display few years back. Attack the missile site chase away those naughty types scenario.

Walrus had to chew on the capsule while attacking the wire around the compound. Scream in pain and die a heroic death shouting the famous bootie war cry "Corripe Cervisiam"

The blood gurgled out of his mouth!! Have no fear the Red Cross is here.

Ten out of ten for enthusiaism and Walrus lived to fight another day thanks to the Red Cross!!
 

Gombear

War Hero
If his self esteem is shot to shite, maybe it is not such a weird thing to lie about. Perhaps he never got the chance or had the bottle to join up, but wished he had.

Whatever the reason, there goes one disturbed bloke.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Charity regulator launches inquiry into church found promoting fake Covid-19 protection kits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Senior Enforcement Advisor at UK Medicines Regulator warns against purchasing fake or unlicensed coronavirus (COVID-19) medicines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK medicines and medical devices regulator investigating 14 cases of fake or unlicensed COVID-19 medical products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid to tackle global spread of coronavirus ‘fake news’ MoD News 0
M Barrie Trower fake ex Navy microwave weapons expert The Quarterdeck 5
MoD_RSS Facebook and eBay pledge to combat trading in fake reviews MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Summer fun – don’t fake it! MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK steps up fight against fake news MoD News 0
WreckerL Fake news, 1805 style History 2
MoD_RSS Speech: Britain champions free speech, so we’re leading the war on fake news: article by Jeremy Hunt MoD News 0
PedlarP Former Royal Navy chef jailed over £1m 'fake' sea bass scam The Quarterdeck 25
Ninja_Stoker Fake RN Application scam - Beware Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
BillyNoMates Chinese fake shit Diamond Lil's 13
Ninja_Stoker Fake Naval Captain Current Affairs 92
Apple_Catchers The Fake Para!! The Gash Barge 1
soleil Mirror: Fake Royal Marine Hero Foiled By Non-Military Boots The Corps 21
BillyNoMates "Fake" Royal Marine gets one over on David Beckham The Corps 1
onions Fake Olympics Current Affairs 9
slim Pair admit fraud over fake statue Diamond Lil's 2
K is he a fake??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 43
slim Seven charged over fake passports The Quarterdeck 5
1 Royal Marine to SAS Air Troop The Corps 27
Ageing_Gracefully Competition: Jock Lewes - Co-founder of the SAS Competitions 19
Rover SAS snubbed as defence chiefs appoint Navy man as Britain's anti-terror chief The Corps 14
soleil Telegraph: "SAS Target Taliban Using Royal Navy Submarine Technology" The Fleet Air Arm 4
T SAS war diary: The SAS secret hidden since World War II Current Affairs 2
2_deck_dash Genuine SAS/SBS/STC sunglasses - H4H auction - not to be missed. Charity 18
daffy1 SAS recruitment Current Affairs 0
soleil T'graph: "WikiLeaks: Ex-SAS Officers Hired As 'Human Bait' By Foreign Shipping Firms" Current Affairs 1
Darbi SAS Blue Jokes 2
The_Caretaker SAS Miscellaneous 0
Joint_Force_Harrier The SAS cant get him so send in the Crabs!!!!! Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 16
Deano19 "I'm in the SAS, my mate there is SBS" Diamond Lil's 80
T Sad day for the SAS Diamond Lil's 0
NotmeChief SAS Motto The Gash Barge 35
Topaz SAS down under Diamond Lil's 18
S SAS Down Under. Tv series. RMR 19
Ships_Cat Ex-SAS man deported to Equatorial Guinea Current Affairs 15
sgtpepperband SAS Troopers in £250k Fraud Current Affairs 14
mrsandeel SBS vs SAS The Corps 52
soleil Aberdeen Press & Journal: "Commemoration Arranged For Royal Marine Hero And His Son In Beauly" 26/01/20 The Corps 2
soleil i: "'A Fitting Tribute': Second World War Hero's Uniform Pride Of Place On HMS Prince of Wales" History 2
MoD_RSS News story: HMPPS Staff Awards - nominate an unsung hero MoD News 0
soleil Devon Live: "Torquay Victoria Cross Hero To Be Honoured" History 3
soleil SunFM (Co. Durham): "Village’s Navy Hero Remembered With Victoria Cross Memorial" History 1
MoD_RSS News story: Battle of the Somme hero honoured with Victoria Cross memorial MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final plea to find Yorkshire family of World War 2 hero MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final effort to find family of World War 2 hero Clifford Granville Shaw MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: World War 1 Black Watch hero finally laid to rest MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Air Force World War 2 hero's final resting place identified MoD News 0
Similar threads





























SAS

SAS




















Top