Fake SAS "Hero" exposed.

brendan498

War Hero
I agree Rache it is a wierd thing to do, but its quite an active topic on SAMA 82 website i was once accussed of immitating a drunken bum and OD sadly i could refute the claims and was declared genuine.

RP1986

GCM
Quote"One ex-Army signalman said: “He claimed he’d been in the Falklands with the SAS and was best mates with Andy McNab, but I knew something was wrong when I saw how rubbish he was at marching. He’s a con-man. His lies are disgusting". unquote,
I must have been conning my way through the RN for the last 22 years because i cann't march either :thumright:

Guns

War Hero
Why is it the Walts never pretend to be a Cook or Storeman.

"Yep - 22 yrs before the mast. Kept the tidiest Stores you ever saw. Why one time........"

Nope its always

"I was first through the window"

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Guns said:

"Yep - 22 yrs before the mast. Kept the tidiest Stores you ever saw. Why one time........"

Nope its always

To be fair, most genuine Cooks always claim they are Harrier pilots.

Wonder if Harrier pilots ever tell anyone they cooked scran for 800 matelots once?

Guns said:

Nope its always

Perhaps because all the S&S were in the gunbay/magazine/shellroom doing what gunners were allegedly trained for, but never seemed to be doing it.

Not a GI are you - because they used to come out with crap like that ?

In case you don't know, the Non-Combatant status of Supply ratings was changed many moons ago

Strange how a lot of you non S&S wanted us as mates when you needed freebies, isn't it ?

:?:

finknottle

Banned
It was always my opinion that in a tin box there is no such thing as A non-combatant, of course there were those who appeared to be legends in their own minds and it was my observation that it was usually the PWO.

brendan498

War Hero
i agree with white mouse in all my experience of i have always found S&S guys where selfless in there own safety, brave beyond expectation, and an invaluable part of the fighting element of any ships company

Joe_Crow

War Hero
whitemouse said:
Guns said:

Nope its always

Perhaps because all the S&S were in the gunbay/magazine/shellroom doing what gunners were allegedly trained for, but never seemed to be doing it.

In case you don't know, the Non-Combatant status of Supply ratings was changed many moons ago

Strange how a lot of you non S&S wanted us as mates when you needed freebies, isn't it ?

Don't think you were after a nibble Guns, but you sure as hell got one. Well done!

RP1986 said:
Quote"One ex-Army signalman said: “He claimed he’d been in the Falklands with the SAS and was best mates with Andy McNab, but I knew something was wrong when I saw how rubbish he was at marching. He’s a con-man. His lies are disgusting". unquote,
I must have been conning my way through the RN for the last 22 years because i cann't march either :thumright:
Remember a SAS lad who originated from Scotsmanshire when it came to the halt he would jump in the air instead of the one, one two. His timing was spot on! Stupid looking but effective.

War Hero
whitemouse said:
So stacking rounds instead of stacking blankets ;)

Well it made sense since accounting for it was the pussers responsibility.

Guns

War Hero
Joe_Crow said:
whitemouse said:
Guns said:

Nope its always

Don't think you were after a nibble Guns, but you sure as hell got one. Well done!
Sometimes its like shooting fish in a barrel. I try my best.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Senior Enforcement Advisor at UK Medicines Regulator warns against purchasing fake or unlicensed coronavirus (COVID-19) medicines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK medicines and medical devices regulator investigating 14 cases of fake or unlicensed COVID-19 medical products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid to tackle global spread of coronavirus ‘fake news’ MoD News 0
M Barrie Trower fake ex Navy microwave weapons expert The Quarterdeck 5
MoD_RSS Facebook and eBay pledge to combat trading in fake reviews MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Summer fun – don’t fake it! MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK steps up fight against fake news MoD News 0
WreckerL Fake news, 1805 style History 2
MoD_RSS Speech: Britain champions free speech, so we’re leading the war on fake news: article by Jeremy Hunt MoD News 0
PedlarP Former Royal Navy chef jailed over £1m 'fake' sea bass scam The Quarterdeck 25
Ninja_Stoker Fake RN Application scam - Beware Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
BillyNoMates Chinese fake shit Diamond Lil's 13
Ninja_Stoker Fake Naval Captain Current Affairs 92
Apple_Catchers The Fake Para!! The Gash Barge 1
soleil Mirror: Fake Royal Marine Hero Foiled By Non-Military Boots The Corps 21
BillyNoMates "Fake" Royal Marine gets one over on David Beckham The Corps 1
onions Fake Olympics Current Affairs 9
slim Pair admit fraud over fake statue Diamond Lil's 2
K is he a fake??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 43
slim Seven charged over fake passports The Quarterdeck 5
1 Royal Marine to SAS Air Troop The Corps 27
Ageing_Gracefully Competition: Jock Lewes - Co-founder of the SAS Competitions 19
Rover SAS snubbed as defence chiefs appoint Navy man as Britain's anti-terror chief The Corps 14
soleil Telegraph: "SAS Target Taliban Using Royal Navy Submarine Technology" The Fleet Air Arm 4
T SAS war diary: The SAS secret hidden since World War II Current Affairs 2
2_deck_dash Genuine SAS/SBS/STC sunglasses - H4H auction - not to be missed. Charity 18
daffy1 SAS recruitment Current Affairs 0
soleil T'graph: "WikiLeaks: Ex-SAS Officers Hired As 'Human Bait' By Foreign Shipping Firms" Current Affairs 1
Darbi SAS Blue Jokes 2
The_Caretaker SAS Miscellaneous 0
Joint_Force_Harrier The SAS cant get him so send in the Crabs!!!!! Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 16
Deano19 "I'm in the SAS, my mate there is SBS" Diamond Lil's 80
T Sad day for the SAS Diamond Lil's 0
NotmeChief SAS Motto The Gash Barge 35
Topaz SAS down under Diamond Lil's 18
S SAS Down Under. Tv series. RMR 19
Ships_Cat Ex-SAS man deported to Equatorial Guinea Current Affairs 15
sgtpepperband SAS Troopers in £250k Fraud Current Affairs 14
mrsandeel SBS vs SAS The Corps 52
soleil Aberdeen Press & Journal: "Commemoration Arranged For Royal Marine Hero And His Son In Beauly" 26/01/20 The Corps 2
soleil i: "'A Fitting Tribute': Second World War Hero's Uniform Pride Of Place On HMS Prince of Wales" History 2
MoD_RSS News story: HMPPS Staff Awards - nominate an unsung hero MoD News 0
soleil Devon Live: "Torquay Victoria Cross Hero To Be Honoured" History 3
soleil SunFM (Co. Durham): "Village’s Navy Hero Remembered With Victoria Cross Memorial" History 1
MoD_RSS News story: Battle of the Somme hero honoured with Victoria Cross memorial MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final plea to find Yorkshire family of World War 2 hero MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Final effort to find family of World War 2 hero Clifford Granville Shaw MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: World War 1 Black Watch hero finally laid to rest MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Air Force World War 2 hero's final resting place identified MoD News 0
dustyjack Memorial to WW1 hero - nice statue! History 2