Fake SAS "Hero" exposed.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Ninja_Stoker, May 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

2. What a weird thing to lie about...

3. I agree Rache it is a wierd thing to do, but its quite an active topic on SAMA 82 website i was once accussed of immitating a drunken bum and OD sadly i could refute the claims and was declared genuine.

4. Wonder if he was pretending to be Peter McAleese, author of No Mean Soldier. Looks a bit like him anyway.

5. So now we have a face for NORMAN. What a t i t .

6. I am sure he is not the only one who gets up to those shenanigans.

7. Quote"One ex-Army signalman said: “He claimed he’d been in the Falklands with the SAS and was best mates with Andy McNab, but I knew something was wrong when I saw how rubbish he was at marching. He’s a con-man. His lies are disgusting". unquote,
    I must have been conning my way through the RN for the last 22 years because i cann't march either :thumright:

8. Is marching required on a punt as I understand that one of those now makes up the Far East Fleet.

9. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Why is it the Walts never pretend to be a Cook or Storeman.

"Yep - 22 yrs before the mast. Kept the tidiest Stores you ever saw. Why one time........"

Nope its always

"I was first through the window"

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

To be fair, most genuine Cooks always claim they are Harrier pilots.

Wonder if Harrier pilots ever tell anyone they cooked scran for 800 matelots once?

11. Your obviously can't buy the parade BR on eBay then ;)

12. As a chockhead, when people asked what the H & the aircraft signified it was easy. Harrier or Helicopter Pilot

13. Isn't that the guy from the Werther's Original advert?

14. Perhaps because all the S&S were in the gunbay/magazine/shellroom doing what gunners were allegedly trained for, but never seemed to be doing it.

Not a GI are you - because they used to come out with crap like that ?

In case you don't know, the Non-Combatant status of Supply ratings was changed many moons ago

Strange how a lot of you non S&S wanted us as mates when you needed freebies, isn't it ?

:?:

15. It was always my opinion that in a tin box there is no such thing as A non-combatant, of course there were those who appeared to be legends in their own minds and it was my observation that it was usually the PWO.

16. i agree with white mouse in all my experience of i have always found S&S guys where selfless in there own safety, brave beyond expectation, and an invaluable part of the fighting element of any ships company

17. Don't think you were after a nibble Guns, but you sure as hell got one. Well done!

18. Remember a SAS lad who originated from Scotsmanshire when it came to the halt he would jump in the air instead of the one, one two. His timing was spot on! Stupid looking but effective.

19. So stacking rounds instead of stacking blankets ;)

Well it made sense since accounting for it was the pussers responsibility.

20. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Sometimes its like shooting fish in a barrel. I try my best.