Fake RN Application scam - Beware

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ninja_Stoker, May 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Those wishing to join the Naval service are warned there is a scam aimed at exploiting (mainly overseas) applicants.

Individuals making enquiries on social media have been receiving bogus application forms requiring an upfront application fee and offering bogus benefits upon payment.

There are no upfront fees to join the Royal Navy or Royal Marines and overseas applicants should make initial enquiries to confirm eligibility by calling 00 44 1604 640015. UK Applicants should call 08456 07 55 55.
  2. Now you tell me. Damn!

I thought being accepted for F-35 pilot training seemed too good to be true.

How do I get my money back?
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Of course for the more exclusive jobs such as S.T.P. there ar other methods of entry as well as the hofficial route:judge:
  4. STC was my fall-back option. The sods even hung on to the B&Q Diamond Card I submitted as proof of ID!
  5. I hope who ever is behind this scam is caught quickly and is locked up.
  6. Well, there goes another source of my income..bugger :(
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's actually a scarily easy scam - potential overseas applicants often enquire via Facebook. All the conman needs to do, if they leave their email address visible to all, is send bogus application forms with false promises of free flights, accommodation, etc., upon receipt of an upfront fee.
  8. If the scammers get caught they should do 7 years.
  9. Why 7, or is that just an arbitary figure?
  10. 7 years so they do the full stretch without having their sentences halved.
  11. What I meant was, where do you get the figure of 7 years from? Where is the precedence for this?
  12. I think BoozeGuzzler might be...er...guzzling booze...maybe...
  13. Yes i am guzzling booze! cheers, I said 7 years simply because if you are sentenced to 7 years you do the full 7 as if you get 6 years then you only do 3, and then you would probably do half that inside and half on tag. They should do 7 years because they have conned potential sailors out of a career in the RN and that affects national security and means less RN servicemen to be called to go to a conflict zone and the ones who do go have to do longer tours away from their families and friends, Plus longer tours means more of a chance of being fatally wounded in action.
  14. Dont forget the RN needs these overseas applications because of the lack of UK British born applicants and uk british born recruits failing in training.
  15. I feel your pain, how much did they do you for?
  16. They didnt do me for anything because i would never ever be so stupid to pay an up front fee for anything.
  17. I am glad you find this situation of great amusement because i certainly dont.
  18. You forgot to mention servicewomen which makes your post look silly.

Well, that and a few other things.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. So you're going to the AFCO on what day?
  20. I find it hilarious that you're getting your underdaks in such a twist.
    Put the booze down, stand in front of a mirror and give your head a vigorous wobble, you chimp.
    • Like Like x 3