Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by duggers20, Oct 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey again guys I fainted about 4 times at raleigh in the early stages of trainign which was due to insufficient fluid levels I.E not dring enogh water. Do u thing that will affect my application? By the the way i mange to pass basic
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Erm, my surgery is closed for the day. Can I suggest you go to the Sick Bay and see a real doctor?! :roll:
  3. It depends. What are you applying for?

If you have passed Basic Training (ie Phase 1) then aren't you already in the RN?
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hello Duggers,

Assuming you left the Navy & wish to re-apply?

If you were discharged on medical grounds then it will have implications on your Medical suitability for further service.
  5. Hopefully you are not attempting to become a Writer or should I say AB Logs (Pers) :thumright:
  6. my eyes are bleeding!!

If you have passed basic training, why would it effect your application? Am I being silly here? Or a bite or did you leave and wish to re-apply?

If you are re-applying and you left on your own accord, not med discharged or dishonourable discharged, you should be fine. Unfortunately, we'd need more info.

All the best

Confused xx
  7. I came out on my own occord Due to the problem also came out for probs at home, but I wow to get sorted and get back in there and hopefully be a clearance diver :farao:
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ah gotcha,

Assuming you submitted Premature Voluntary Release (PVR) in your first six months & were not classed as medically downgraded (ie: below MedCat P2-fully fit) at the time then you may well gain permission to be processed if your disciplinary record is acceptable, providing you were recommended for further service & no caveat was attached regarding a period which must elapse before you may re-apply. If you were medically downgraded when you left, you will need to satisfy the Medical Officer that your medical issues are fully resolved & not a bar to entry.

You must be aware however, that if you submitted PVR, then this time around, if accepted, you must complete all training & 2.5 years return of service before you may submit 12 months notice to leave. Regardless of your previous service, if accepted, you'll be on the newer AFPS 05 pension scheme.

If you did not complete your trade (phase 2 training) before you left, be prepared for the fact you may have to undergo phase one training again.

Good luck to you second time around & remember: as a Diver you have to be extremely fit, much more so than for other standard trades within the RN.
  9. Hey, I wish you all the best in becoming a clearance diver, I believe the fitness standards are similar to RM... ?
  10. Should'nt have any problems with hydration if your diving, just take your mouthpiece out and take sippers or gulpers, just remember to stick the rubber back in before the next breath.
  11. What Ninja and NZ said!

Good luck this time round though xx
  12. If/before you apply again go to your local college and do a basic English course. Good luck (to the RN)