Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Failing medical

Iron122

I am just wondering if I can fail a face to face medical because I can’t do a press up. It’s not like I am not training, as I have made so a great deal of improvement but I haven’t managed to be able to get their just yet. Will it negatively effect me in my face to face medical?

I had to do a couple of press ups at my recent medical. It's just to check you can do them, it's not about how many etc. You will be in your underwear though.

Just naked ones.
You're not wrong, naked, press ups, sit ups & pull ups? I must have been lucky?
Edited
The reasoning or excuse was, I was 2.5st over weight for age, he wanted to see my body do exercise to see if it was fat or muscles, I was into rugby, judo & weight training, I trained 7 days a week, looking back should I have been worried? o_O

Last edited:
Can you say something about why you find it so difficult?
I found it difficult to lift my own body weight, so since I have gained strength in my arms through PT sessions and I can now be able to do them on my knees I just really struggle going to knees to toes

I found it difficult to lift my own body weight, so since I have gained strength in my arms through PT sessions and I can now be able to do them on my knees I just really struggle going to knees to toes
Keep working hard, practice as often as you can.

Pah!' Tis only 'work' - if you are late, look on it as further training for your RN role. Trust me, the penalties for being late in the Navy are extreme, hence the excuses have to be '(almost) believable. Use this potential to realise your potential.

Latest Threads