Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Failing medical

Iron122

I am just wondering if I can fail a face to face medical because I can’t do a press up. It’s not like I am not training, as I have made so a great deal of improvement but I haven’t managed to be able to get their just yet. Will it negatively effect me in my face to face medical?

KernowDoc

Midshipman
I had to do a couple of press ups at my recent medical. It's just to check you can do them, it's not about how many etc. You will be in your underwear though.

Sumo

War Hero
Just naked ones.
You're not wrong, naked, press ups, sit ups & pull ups? I must have been lucky?
Edited
The reasoning or excuse was, I was 2.5st over weight for age, he wanted to see my body do exercise to see if it was fat or muscles, I was into rugby, judo & weight training, I trained 7 days a week, looking back should I have been worried? o_O

Last edited:

Iron122

Can you say something about why you find it so difficult?
I found it difficult to lift my own body weight, so since I have gained strength in my arms through PT sessions and I can now be able to do them on my knees I just really struggle going to knees to toes

Sumo

War Hero
I found it difficult to lift my own body weight, so since I have gained strength in my arms through PT sessions and I can now be able to do them on my knees I just really struggle going to knees to toes
Keep working hard, practice as often as you can.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Pah!' Tis only 'work' - if you are late, look on it as further training for your RN role. Trust me, the penalties for being late in the Navy are extreme, hence the excuses have to be '(almost) believable. Use this potential to realise your potential.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Failing medical - unconciousness. Health & Fitness 4
MoD_RSS Window cleaning boss banned after failing to account for £1.7m MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Brothers banned for failing to pay £173,000 in taxes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rogue employers named and shamed for failing to pay minimum wage MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Nightclub owners banned for failing to submit accounts and pay tax MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Walsall fast food boss banned for failing to maintain books MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Muc-Off pays beach clean charity after failing to recycle packaging MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Convicted waste fraudster has more than 9 years added to jail time for failing to repay £1.3 million in ill-gotten gains MoD News 0
Rum_pot Failing HMS Raleigh fitness test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 63
MoD_RSS Press release: Construction resourcing boss banned for failing to pay correct taxes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Car hire company director picks up seven-year ban for failing to keep records MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Defence companies and MOD’s procurement agency ‘failing’ contract regulations MoD News 0
Z Failing kit Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 66
J Failing an exam phase 2, etme(sm) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
R failing AIB and being asked back in 12 months but age critical for my branch Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
trelawney126 Baroness Ashdon Failing Fast Diamond Lil's 12
A Two examples of failing to select the right target... Current Affairs 9
Rumrat Failing at Blagging Diamond Lil's 4
soleil Radio 4 programme: Is Britain failing its Armed Forces? Link Current Affairs 3
Sapphire Is Britain failing its Armed Forces? Current Affairs 8
A Failing AIB - Entering as a General Duties Marine Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
N Police Failing the Honest Class. Current Affairs 58
C Failing phase two Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
S failing AET tests Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S failing aet tests Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
L Help Please - Failing Keyboard Bloody Computers 8
slim Failing School lets maki it an Academy Diamond Lil's 9
PartTimePongo Iraq rebuilding 'is failing' Current Affairs 1
N Europe's Failing Reaction to Islam Current Affairs 9
MoD_RSS Deputy Chief Medical Officer Jonathan Van-Tam opinion piece in The Sunday Telegraph MoD News 0
M Questions regarding the Royal Navy Medical Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
M About Passed Medical Questionnaire Joining the Royal Navy 0
R Medical RMR 2
M Can't find medical questionnaire and im debating my role Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS Update on the government’s response to the Independent Medicines and Medical Devices Safety Review MoD News 0
D Medical cadetship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Officer Professor Chris Whitty on national alert levels MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Adviser for NHS Test and Trace, Susan Hopkins on community testing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19 alert level: update from the UK Chief Medical Officers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter to the profession from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the UK COVID-19 vaccination programmes MoD News 0
URNU/MNsnotty Sub Medical Req Joining the Royal Navy 21
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the prioritisation of first doses of COVID-19 vaccines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Remarks delivered by H.E. Governor Nigel Dakin CMG, and Chief Medical Officer, Dr Nadia Astwood, at the national press conference on COVID vaccination MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Officer, Professor Chris Whitty about new strain of Covid-19 MoD News 0
B Failed medical Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS Chief Medical Officer’s annual report outlines health challenges in England MoD News 0
jsdoddy RN Medical - “Permanently Medically Unfit” Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
C Worrying over Medical Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS UK Chief Medical Officers' statement on the self-isolation period: 11 December 2020 MoD News 0
C Capita medical - weight Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9