Failed written test :(

Discussion in 'RMR' started by Rob-p, Dec 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I failed the numeracy part but did well on other sections so im allowed 1 more chance in 6 months of i undertake a certified course else have wait a year bit of a kick in the teeth but hasnt put me of as it only delays my time in holding troop as selection isnt until oct 10. Anybody else have this happen? If so any recomendations on a free course ive heard of the big plus but since requesting a pack not received a thing. Im also preparing for the fire service so its helped me realise i really got to get onto the books!

2. Dont quote me on this mate but i believe learn direct run literacy and Numeracy courses that are free. You might want to do a search online to find out.

Good luck!!!

3. Hey, I failed my first test exactly the same. I was gutted to say the least! I went and done the courses that CP and XRD have mentioned. I passed 6 months later with a score high enough to go in as CT (a very high pass mark so I'm lead to believe) Good luck, and don't let it dishearten you.

4. Same. :)

5. Don't be disheartened shipmate!

I work as the ACA in an AFCO and it happens all the time!

The AFCO you went to will have info. on courses to look at (mine does!) so give them a call if you're struggling. If you get no joy call the Coventry AFCO (before the end of Feb, I move on after that) and I'll help you out if I can.

6. Well ive had enough with the guys at the big plus 3 months ive been chasing them up getting told the same crap. Let me take your details someone will call you back, the person dealing is away today blabla now im worried will even get started on another course thatll finish in time for selection..get on is england only sadly. Anybody know any others?

7. How about a local college?

8. Well ive had enough with the guys at the big plus 3 months ive been chasing them up getting told the same crap. Let me take your details someone will call you back, the person dealing is away today blabla now im worried will even get started on another course thatll finish in time for selection..get on is england only sadly. Anybody know any others?

9. Rob

Are you looking for a course in Scotland?