Failed RT today...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by NewRecruit1245, Jul 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, guys this is my first post.

I failed my RT today by 6 marks in the English section and was just wondering because I'm dyslexic is there any tips on how I could improve the English.

I passed enough to go to to other roles but wish to improve my English.

Kind Regards

NR

2. Just what is the percentage of dyslexic people in Britain these days, 98%?

What job are you going for?

Dyslexia Action | Home

3. im not sure, but I'm prety certin the precentage of people with dyscalculia (sp?) is 141%.

• Like Like x 1
  4. You knock them up, I'll set them down.

No, wait..........

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yet you took it upon yourself to report a thread to the Administrators earlier today, for being "rude"? :?

Well, you're from the Isle of Man, so you've shit it.

[By the way, my Spidey senses are twitching about this post[er], based on the complaint and 'intentional' typos in a first thread about dyslexia - but I will wait and see] :oops:

6. I'm going for Pilot Officer or Warfare Officer.

7. Yes I was supposed to report a comment not a thread such because I'm new doesn't mean I don't know how to report stuff.

I'm not from the Isle of Man, I just live here.

8. :slow:ZOMFG!!!! Not another Wannabe, I hope!

9. No, not a wannabe...

10. Sorry NR, that was not aimed at you, but a reference to one of the popular members of the site.

11. Oooh haha no problem. =]

12. You could try really, really hard not to be a mong.

13. Ah I might struggle...It's in my DNA sorry. =/

14. DNA?

National Dyslexic Association?

• Like Like x 2
  15. NR1245

You are going to have to work exceptionally hard on your English in that case. Each job has an RT score linked to it - for Ratings, an overall score plus special section scores which reflect the nature of the job eg AETs need a high Mechanical Comprehension score - for Officers, special section scores in Literacy and Numeracy, so you really need to work hard on this one. You have to reach the standard for Officer the next time you sit the RT.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  16. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

What were you reporting NW1245?

Pilot Officers live in the Crab area

17. Ah, the Isle of Man- 70,000 alcoholics clinging to a rock.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yes, I understand this. I was told I was 6 marks off otherwise I would have got it. The Mechanical, Verbal and reasoning were spot on, just the Literacy that let me down. Thank you =]

• Like Like x 1
  19. When is your re-sit?

20. I'm not to sure yet, I have to ring the AFCO up sometime in the next coming week; to discuss my options and that.