Failed my RT but still got enough points for WE CIS

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Notben, Jun 20, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just recently took my RT but failed to get enough points for Marine engineering technician, I'm just wondering what the next step is? AFCO wasn't really that clear on the next step.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Sounds fairly clear to me, judging by the thread title.

Your options are to either re-sit the the recruit test for your first preference branch or consider the alternatives. The most technical job offer currently on the table is ET(WE) (CIS).

If you wish to join in a job, as yet undetermined, it would probably be a good idea to let your AFCO know by way of a phone call or email (contact details in my signature block, at the AFCO link). Once you give them a clue what you want to do they can move your application forward.

Good luck.
  3. Thanks for the advice!
    ill get in contact tomorrow, cheers for that.
  4. WTF? Since when has being a stoker required a higher IQ than being a WE?

Navy has gone to the dogs.
  5. Since day 1, we just haven't bragged about it as WE's have enough problems to contend with ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

CIS now has an ET(WE) element - a bit like the old OM(C) - one of the less successful illigitimate children of the once estranged WE & Warfare sordid affairs.

WE is still a standalone branch, same recruit test scores as ME.

With regard relative IQ, I couldn't possibly comment, but I'm typing this slowly for you.:cool:
    • Like Like x 2