Failed Medical

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by AndyStano, Sep 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Everyone,

I have just been informed 24 months down the line that I am permanently medically unfit due to an old knee injury, however I wanted to thank everyone on here for the advice they have shared over the last 2 years, it has been a great help.

Absolutely gutted to be not joining up but I guess its just one of those things, I will still be logging on everyday to enjoy the banter.

Thanks again everyone,

2. Sorry to hear your bad news, good luck with what ever you chose to do.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Probably going to sound like a knobhead here... Have you tried for a second opinion?
  4. I have not yet thought about an appeal to be honest, I'm just waiting for the paperwork to come through to confirm exactly what the issue was, but in all honesty I don't think I will have a chance, I've had 3 operation on my knee and although I am perfectly fit and pain free now I suspect it is due to the condition my knee could be in 10 years down the line.

Thanks anyway pal

5. Might be worth a PM to angrydoc. Clutching at straws etc
  6. As far as clutching at straws goes, is the medical for the RNR the same standard?