Failed Medical!!!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by alexb123, Oct 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. had my pre-joining medical today and everything went brilliant until it came to my urine! I had failed because of the high protein content found inside! i mean im not a body builder as such but protein does help you put on weight!! i was never made aware that i would fail for this purpose soo you can imagine being knocked back for this simple factor!! highly pissed off to say the least!! just curious as to why this would be a problem!?!

any feedback would be greatly appreciated cheers.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. I'm no doctor. Well not a doctor of medicine but;it's a problem because it can indicate heart or kidney issues.
  3. Can you think of any reason as to why this might have happened, Alex?

What did the ME say to you, by the way?
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Reading between the lines, he has been taking Protein suppliments Sol.
  5. I keep on telling people that protein supplements are a waste of money and that you just piss it all away. As has just, again, been proven. How much money have you spent on these pointless milkshakes?

Go back to your GP, he'll do some bloods and collect urine and hopefully all will return to normal when you stop poisoning yourself. If not then you might have kidney disease, by the way.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Off topic, but comically ironic that the advert currently scrolling across the bottom of this thread is for Maximuscle supplements!
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I don't have a doctorate in English, but does four exclamation marks mean it's quadruplely worserer than one, Doc?
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah, im getting Whey Protein ones!

On a different note, could this guy be a new complete opposite to Welchyy??
  9. I only see three. But I had to stare at it for ages and it fucked with my eyes. Good job I'm in this forum.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Become an Ex member of HM Forces and you'll pile on the weight what with excessive drinking and minimal exercise.

Granted, I'm jumping a few stages ahead in your chosen career but trying to help and not call you a dumb twat.
  11. Ninja_Stoker

OK, I haven't got a doctorate in maths either. :thanks:
  12. The ME told me that he wants me to return to do a urine test in 2 weeks to make sure its not a kidney problem! the thing is i dont take those protein drinks just those frijj milkshakes which has just as much protein as nourishment drinks!! could be a bigger problem than jus protein drinks though.
  13. Ahhh, the caring bedside manner and the subtle news delivery techniques of Pusser's scab lifters. Got to love them :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, he forgot to tell the patient the good news: "See that nurse over there? She fancies me"
  15. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

"But I had to stare at it for ages and it fucked with my eyes"

I thought staring at something else had fucked your eyes Monty?
  16. Correct me if I'm wrong, Sol, but do stokers normally give medical opinions, or was it just that they do take p*ss?
  17. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

It's called active advertising or something like that. If we were talking about Tiddlywinks or Daniel O'Donnell (or something equally thrilling), I think it would "actively" bring up adverts linking to the posts in the thread.
  18. Ninja_Stoker

Naked women....

It's a con. :-|
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Testing testing :-D

Actually Ninja... it is working. The 3 adverts I have at the bottom of the thread are all linked with Medical/Injury Claims.

Keep trying variations of "naked", "women", and "insertproclivityforspecificcountryieThailandhere" and I'm sure you'll get there eventually ;-)
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  20. Ninja_Stoker

I thought it was working for a moment, but then I realised I was using tabbed browsing.