Failed Medical?

I have just recieved a letter stating I have failed a medical because of my thyroid.

The background of my thyroid problem is this. I have been going to the the hospital every year for the past 9 years for a check up on my underactive thyroid. I have never taken medication for it and the antibodies are fine.

The letter says that I can re-apply 5 years after normalisation of my antibodies. I am not a doctor in anyway but surely if my antibodies where not at a normal level then I would be on medication?

Is there anyway I can appeal this decision and seek private medical advice to help my case?

Thanks in advance for your answers. I am absolutely gutted knowing I failed with something which is outwith my control.

WATP

rfcjonnya said:
I have just recieved a letter stating I have failed a medical because of my thyroid.

The background of my thyroid problem is this. I have been going to the the hospital every year for the past 9 years for a check up on my underactive thyroid. I have never taken medication for it and the antibodies are fine.

The letter says that I can re-apply 5 years after normalisation of my antibodies. I am not a doctor in anyway but surely if my antibodies where not at a normal level then I would be on medication?

Is there anyway I can appeal this decision and seek private medical advice to help my case?
Thanks in advance for your answers. I am absolutely gutted knowing I failed with something with is outwith my control.

WATP
PM Angrydoc he's the authority on medical matters and very helpful Best of luck