failed medical review

kezma

My son has received a letter to say he is medically unfit because he fractured his left thumb in jan. They sed he can reapply in aug but is it worth appealing or waiting.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
My son has received a letter to say he is medically unfit because he fractured his left thumb in jan. They sed he can reapply in aug but is it worth appealing or waiting.
You can only appeal if his broken thumb was missing diagnosed. It's a wait I'm afraid.

Jtlve

Hi guys,

Wonder if anyone can help. I recently applied for the Royal Navy to be an air engineer and got knocked back after suffering from anorexia in 2015-2016. I appealed that decision with GP letters and as much medical evidence as i could but still got knocked back due to them saying there's no way of truly saying that someone is cured from it as studies show only 20% make a full recovery. I'm set on joining and haven't had any further issues for over 3 years now and i don't want having those issues to stop me from having a career. I'm thinking that maybe getting a full psychiatric evaluation will prove that it really isn't a part of me anymore. Do you think that will useful, or even successful for me getting into the royal navy?

Seadog

War Hero
Hi guys,

Wonder if anyone can help. I recently applied for the Royal Navy to be an air engineer and got knocked back after suffering from anorexia in 2015-2016. I appealed that decision with GP letters and as much medical evidence as i could but still got knocked back due to them saying there's no way of truly saying that someone is cured from it as studies show only 20% make a full recovery. I'm set on joining and haven't had any further issues for over 3 years now and i don't want having those issues to stop me from having a career. I'm thinking that maybe getting a full psychiatric evaluation will prove that it really isn't a part of me anymore. Do you think that will useful, or even successful for me getting into the royal navy?
Better to ask at your AFCO before spending money and getting your hopes up. Medical advice given here is unofficial, inadmissible, discouraged and once got someone into a lot of bother. Even if someone has a similar / same experience with a happy ending, it doesn’t mean the same outcome for all.