Failed medical, reapplying or possible redo-medical?

Hey guys
Basically, I failed my medical back in April due to back pain and headaches. Now that I have waited a few months I have been able to get medical evidence that has given me the all clear for my back and I am only a few months shy of being 2 years free of headaches which is required by the medical standards. I was wondering since I now meet the medical standards/ given all clear of past diagnosis what the best course of action would be? would it be worth contacting my AFCO and seeing if I am allowed to redo my medical or is the only thing that I can do on my current application is appeal the PMU result. I think the easiest option would to just reapply and redo a full medical but i would just like to avoid starting the whole process again if i can.
Any help appreciated
Thanks

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
To be passed fit following Migraine usually requires proof of being a couple of years treatment and symptom-free. A letter from the GP usually suffices.

Recurrent or long-term (chronic) lower back pain which has required repeated periods off work or education and repeated courses of painkillers and/or physio is technically an outright bar. In order to be passed fit for recurrent back pain, the service entry medical cell will usually require a lengthy period (a couple of years or more, possibly) during which the individual has no problems (verified by GP) and proof of full recovery involving a prolonged training diary including regular impact CV (running) over a continuous period and exercises involving lifting and or carrying weight (NOT running with weight).

You could write to the sender of the medical rejection letter to enquire under what, if any, future circumstances you could re-apply and meet the medical standards for entry.

Best of luck - don't give up. If you can appeal, once the stated timescales and requirements are met, a high percentage succeed.

To be passed fit following Migraine usually requires proof of being a couple of years treatment and symptom-free. A letter from the GP usually suffices.

Recurrent or long-term (chronic) lower back pain which has required repeated periods off work or education and repeated courses of painkillers and/or physio is technically an outright bar. In order to be passed fit for recurrent back pain, the service entry medical cell will usually require a lengthy period (a couple of years or more, possibly) during which the individual has no problems (verified by GP) and proof of full recovery involving a prolonged training diary including regular impact CV (running) over a continuous period and exercises involving lifting and or carrying weight (NOT running with weight).

You could write to the sender of the medical rejection letter to enquire under what, if any, future circumstances you could re-apply and meet the medical standards for entry.

Best of luck - don't give up. If you can appeal, once the stated timescales and requirements are met, a high percentage succeed.
Thanks very much
I was never off school/work for my back and didn’t take any medicine, I only had one series of physio ans that was 7 years ago. I have already seen my doctor and been given letter of full recovery aswell as accumulated a CV of my fitness signed by my PT.
I haven’t got a letter from GP regarding my head yet just that I’m near 2 years free on my medical history so I will chase that up and try my luck at appealing.

Cheers
Ray