Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faecal matter in ice.

I remember being in Bombay (Outback 88) and we were told to wipe the top of the beer bottles before drinking them and don't have ice.

Sat in a small bar drinking a few beers and a lorry pulled up outside, next thing a massive block of ice was placed in the dirt outside. The barman went out side with his ice bucket and hacked away at the now dusty ice and filled his bucket up. The other cafes and bars came over and took their share too.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Reading the thread title & noting the author, I was looking forward to an exciting new experimental culinary recipe...

I've never drunk out of a beer bottle without first wiping the top, a tip from my illustrious father. This awaits those who don't: https://www.rospa.com/leisure-safety/water/advice/weils-disease/

Aye, In my teens I had similar advice from my equally illustrious father (of a family who were M&B employeer from the year dot).

That advice was reinforced by the not infrequent sight of stray (or at least unattended) dogs cocking hind legs over crates of bottled ale...

De rigueur, yet the sight of gash tats (ermm, worn by all 'genders') scuppering straight from a flash, silvered-bottle-neck brings a wee smirk to this face whilst I cringe inwardly.

G

guestm

Reading the thread title & noting the author, I was looking forward to an exciting new experimental culinary recipe...

Same, I thought it was something the Navy served up in the 60s or whatever, along the lines of shit on a raft and all that bollocks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS UK Government response to judgment of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom in the matter of an application by Geraldine Finucane for Judicial Revie MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for evidence on fine particulate matter air quality targets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister message on Black Lives Matter MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Government targets particulate matter and microplastic pollution from cars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Modular versus linear GCSEs: does the structure of exams matter? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: new matter start increases and quality requirements MoD News 0
soleil BBC: "Why The RAF's New F-35 Jets Matter" The Fleet Air Arm 0
R Does progress on the candidate portal matter to your application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Dredd A matter of perspective Blue Jokes 0
Rumrat What is the matter with you all? The Quarterdeck 12
joe_145 Does size matter??? The Gash Barge 9
superpom Veteran Sailor, Soldier Airman...does it really matter? Current Affairs 0
seenoffteefcuk IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME Current Affairs 24
scouse More 4 A Matter of life or Death Now Showing Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
S Do names matter ?? Current Affairs 2
H A matter of life and death, remarkable The Quarterdeck 3
Stripey_G Does penis size really matter? Diamond Lil's 113
brazenhussy It was only a matter of time.. Current Affairs 10
andym size DOES matter! Diamond Lil's 5
OSLO Question for 1SL (and CDS, CGS, CAS, for that matter) Current Affairs 2
MoD_RSS New tech to tackle leaves on the line and de-ice platforms set to revolutionise British rail travel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Flying through Fire and Ice MoD News 0
soleil "Royal Navy Submarine Breaks Through Arctic Ice For Major Exercise" Submariners 30
soleil BBC: "HMS Endurance: Former Ice Patrol Ship To Be Scrapped" The Fleet 20
Ageing_Gracefully Extra November Book Competition - FIRE and ICE Competitions 23
MoD_RSS IN PICTURES: Ice patrol ship photos win Royal Navy annual awards Current Affairs 0
soleil ITV: "Ice Ship Heads Back After Fighting Fires And Rescuing Scientists" The Fleet 3
MoD_RSS HMS Protector battles through ice to retrieve scientists Current Affairs 0
S The Ice Man and The Brotherhood The Book Club 0
MoD_RSS HMS Protector cuts through Antarctic ice Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy's new ice-breaker deploys to Antarctica Current Affairs 4
Stirling Vanishing ice. Current Affairs 3
MoD_RSS Navy's new ice-breaker officially named Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS Navy's new ice patrol ship enters Portsmouth Current Affairs 0
soleil The Sun: "Dessert Storm: Ex-Soldiers Fly Ice Cream Van To Afghanistan" Bases / Shore Est 6
MoD_RSS Survey ship Scott back on ice patrol The Fleet 0
BillyNoMates Ice cream advert (American naturally). Diamond Lil's 7
C Ice Patrol - Ch 5 23 Apr - Shackleton Walk - Glacier Glasses The Corps 2
Stirling Ice Patrol.....Endurance The Quarterdeck 45
soleil Herald: "Ice Drill saves lives" The Corps 0
soleil Herald/Video: Ice Training in Norway with Plymouth based RMs The Corps 6
soleil Best way to stop if your car skids on the ice Motoring 59
TattooDog Heather Mills Joins Dancing On Ice The Gash Barge 11
B Ice Cream Van Tunes The Gash Barge 16
RNIHA Ice Hockey - RN v Basingstoke this weekend Sports and Adventure Training 1
RNIHA Royal Navy Ice Hockey Association The Quarterdeck 0
RNIHA Royal Navy Ice Hockey Association Sports and Adventure Training 7
soleil TV series "Ice Patrol": HMS Endurance - Mondays - 2200 The Fleet 37
K ROYAL NAVY HAS AN ICE HOCKEY TEAM Sports and Adventure Training 1
BillyNoMates USS Annapolis in the Arctic Ice. Submariners 8