Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by poma, Jun 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On Friday(today - I think) Facebook will start using your photos in adds targetted at your contacts and Facebook friends. It is legal and was mentioned to you when you opened an account. To prevent this do the following:-
    Click on Home->
    Account Setting->
    Facebook Adds(bottom a left hand navigation panel)->
    Adverts shown by third parties->
    Edit third party advert settings->
    Choose "No One"->
    Save the changes->
  2. Really?

You mean that my FB friends will be receiving ads for things like Fairy Liquid illustrated by a photo of me and the message "Now Hands That Do Dishes etc - Use Fairy Liquid, Just Like Soleil Does?" ......

I suppose it could be worse. I could be advertising tractor wheels or something ....
  3. Sponsored Stories? Is this it: Linky ?
  4. ea83e08059fd271293365560edd6d795.jpg Always said it t'was the devils work :)
  5. Probably to both.
  6. Facebook now need to prove to those that bought shares in the company that they can turn a regular profit. Shareholders want their regular premium. After all that's why they bought them in the first place. You can expect all manner of advertising from Facebook now including a lot of unwanted stuff.
  7. A profit based on earnings from 27 years in the future huh?

8. Sol, depending on what sites you have visited (or someone else using your computer or modem access, 'cough') it could be a LOT worse! Tractor wheels could be the least of your worries!!

Who said spare tyres?
  9. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Done, cheers poma.

10. Could be worse only 2 photos on the net of me, that I know of, one with a blown up condom on my head, 30 years old.
  11. A 30 year old condom!! must be pusser's issue.
  12. Dunlop ???
  13. wal

wal Badgeman

Cheers for the heads up, Poma.
  14. Thanks done and saved