Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook

One of the many socail networking sites we all love and hate. Personally I love the site. Mind saying that a few others on her also do by the looks of things. Is it a site for the young and robust or do many golden oldies have a facebook profile too?
 
I have a profile on Facebook and have lots of fun using it.I'm 53 so does that mean I'm a Golden Oldie or just tarnished?
 
rod-gearing said:
I have a profile on Facebook and have lots of fun using it.I'm 53 so does that mean I'm a Golden Oldie or just tarnished?
donu depend if ur on of the golden oldies that try adding me becuse i swallow or are part of some group lol. hmm would say its upto u if ur a golden oldie or just tarnished coz ur as young as the person u feel lol.
 

RN_Commando

Banned
Carrolannabelle said:
rod-gearing said:
I have a profile on Facebook and have lots of fun using it.I'm 53 so does that mean I'm a Golden Oldie or just tarnished?
donu depend if ur on of the golden oldies that try adding me becuse i swallow or are part of some group lol. hmm would say its upto u if ur a golden oldie or just tarnished coz ur as young as the person u feel lol.

How rude lol :p
 
RN_Commando said:
Carrolannabelle said:
rod-gearing said:
I have a profile on Facebook and have lots of fun using it.I'm 53 so does that mean I'm a Golden Oldie or just tarnished?
duno depend if ur on of the golden oldies that try adding me becuse i swallow or are part of some group lol. hmm would say its upto u if ur a golden oldie or just tarnished coz ur as young as the person u feel lol.

How rude lol :p


Huh? lol
 

tommo

War Hero
I'm on facebook and twitter. I use both for free networking and marketing for my company. It does work too which is good. Also I've caught up with many shipmates I've not seen in a while which is great.
 
tommo said:
I'm on facebook and twitter. I use both for free networking and marketing for my company. It does work too which is good. Also I've caught up with many shipmates I've not seen in a while which is great.

Ive never heard of it n im 18 am shocked lol mind my sister keeps on about its. I think shes got a profile on every networkin site going.
 

scouse

War Hero
Carrolannabelle said:
so would it be worth me setting up a RR group on facebook??
Could be a good idea!!! what about your name ?? if people want to stay anon!!! /avatars. We have a Buccaneer Group on facebook
 
scouse said:
Carrolannabelle said:
so would it be worth me setting up a RR group on facebook??
Could be a good idea!!! what about your name ?? if people want to stay anon!!! /avatars. We have a Buccaneer Group on facebook

Hmm im not sure. it could be set as a private group and people have to be invited into it and if they wanted to remain annon then they could simply reject invitaion.
 

tommo

War Hero
Carrolannabelle said:
tommo said:
I'm on facebook and twitter. I use both for free networking and marketing for my company. It does work too which is good. Also I've caught up with many shipmates I've not seen in a while which is great.

Ive never heard of it n im 18 am shocked lol mind my sister keeps on about its. I think shes got a profile on every networkin site going.

Twitter is ideal for easy marketing and networking. It's simple and less rubbish to deal with which comes with facebook.

All it is status updates. You can follow people and people can follow you. You have a sort of profile. But for people like me you can search for keywords in people/ companies status'. For example someone found me cos they searched nautical charts as I used those keywords in my status. I also use it to distribute my current newsletter to followers. Also you can forward on other peoples status so their followers can see it. So if you have 100 followers and one followers forward on your status and they have 3000 followers then that's another 3,000 people who can now see what you've just written in your status and so on and so if one of those followers forward on your status.

Social Media Network/Marketing is good thing for business' to tap into
 

tommo

War Hero
It's just a "what you are doing" Social Site basically which is why so many celebs use it and business'
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS CMA welcomes Tribunal judgment in Facebook and Giphy case MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Beware of rogue 'man and van' rubbish removers on Facebook MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Intimidation in Public Life: letters from Facebook MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Facebook and eBay pledge to combat trading in fake reviews MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from the Home Secretary and others to the CEO of Facebook MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Facebook backs government campaign to inspire innovators and engineers of the future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Home Secretary and Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg discuss the online terrorist threat MoD News 0
Binnie Facebook Group History 0
Stirlin Former York's Regiment soldier facebook comments goes viral. Current Affairs 1
Ninja_Stoker Sleepy Sailors - Facebook Current Affairs 58
soleil Facebook: Royal Naval Reserve: HMS Scotia - RFA Fort Victoria Deployment Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 20
wet_blobby Jack's bigging himself up on facebook.... Diamond Lil's 37
FunkyJunky Funny Facebook page The Fleet 33
MoD_RSS News story: Court agrees Facebook and Twitter users breached injunction MoD News 0
W Not a good day for Zuckerberg/Facebook Bloody Computers 4
M RMR Scotland are now on Facebook RMR 10
Ninja_Stoker Facebook: Royal Marines Green Ops, change of URL Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
poma Facebook Current Affairs 14
Tricky When Are You Going To HMS Raleigh (Facebook) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
S Facebook photo The Quarterdeck 30
Blackrat RR Facebook Page Site Issues 3
wet_blobby Facebook Diamond Lil's 157
W Facebook Porn Diamond Lil's 1
WTR91 Facebook trend Miscellaneous 23
sgtpepperband How to Annoy Facebook Employees... The Internet - Best and Worst 11
S Will they search facebook? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
soleil Marketing Week: "Soldiers Warned About Twitter And Facebook Use" Current Affairs 10
Chaz Osama Bin Laden's last Facebook post! Miscellaneous 19
Ninja_Stoker For newbies: PERSEC, Facebook, Rum Ration, & social networks. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 43
Stirling Are we turning into Facebook ?. Diamond Lil's 31
Grubber What Happens when you report a group on Facebook? The Internet - Best and Worst 6
Drakey Facebook - Pirate style The Fleet 1
trelawney126 NHS Data Sharing With Facebook Bloody Computers 0
P Facebook Diamond Lil's 9
D Facebook murder victim's relatives query police tactics Current Affairs 2
Shackles_and_Flags Caught out by Facebook!! The Gash Barge 17
daffy1 Qualifications for Facebook and Twitter Current Affairs 13
A Royal Navy Facebook page The Quarterdeck 1
Murph Facebook Rape Taken To A New Level!! The Internet - Best and Worst 8
Clown_Puncher Always check your arcs (Facebook faux pais) Diamond Lil's 14
C hate facebook - try lamebook instead... Diamond Lil's 2
daffy1 Facebook Diamond Lil's 40
sgtpepperband Facebook Fail Diamond Lil's 55
The_Jimmy Incoming MI6 chief in Facebook security slip Current Affairs 0
sgtpepperband Facebook for Matelots The Internet - Best and Worst 10
C On Facebook: The glory that was Spanner's Diamond Lil's 27
sgtpepperband Man U fan pwned in Facebook honeypot Diamond Lil's 5
M Facebook Profile Pics. Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 6
sgtpepperband Facebook in Reality... The Internet - Best and Worst 4
sgtpepperband Facebook asked to pull Scrabulous The Internet - Best and Worst 17
Similar threads


















































Top