Face Book

Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by Jenny_Dabber, Sep 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all,

Trying to promote RumRation, seeing as facebook is becoming a popular site with a lot of different types, a RumRation group has been set up for one and all.

You can find it here

2. Am I getting old in the tooth (the only one left now).... what's facebook?

3. well lots us also use.."myspace" tooo

4. social networking site where content is more important than pissing around with old fashioned html to make the form more important.

It was started at Harvard and propagated through the Ivy League schools in the US so gained a certain cachet over the user base. It was opened up to all earlier this year.

5. Problem with this group it is linked to friends who are civvies who may take a look. Then we have links to other groups alongside on the homepage

I'm in or have been in the Royal Navy an I'm jack as ****!!!

Probably a WALT!!!

So what message is being put across to the civvy population that a lack of grammar is evident. Do try to keep the messages clean on there please think who you are representing.

6. Yeh then some ****** will get all PC ed all then it wouldn't be fun !

7. As my wife is an active member of facebook I cannot join because as soon as I go to the home page it switches to her account. She tried to add me as a friend which has the same result, even different e mail addresses do not help as Facebook picks up the PC's ID

Nutty

8. try myspace then nutty.... that has lots of the same featurs and a few others..

9. Get her to log out each time she's finished. There are a couple of causes for this, either the browser is set up to log in automagically, or the cookie forces it.

You can use the same machine for different accounts.

10. Josie I was only going to join as RR now has a group I have stood by and watch Chrissie get deeply involved even the dogs have their own page for doggie friends we her.

Karma, makes sense I will try that THANKS

NUtty

11. Thanks Karma have registered and joined the group. Bit complicated for Old Folk

Nutty

12. Myspace is ok but facebook is a lot better, from what I have seen and the applications keep time ticking by :w00t:

OK, can you tell I spend too much time online these days lol

13. sorry mateys facebook is for chavs, kids, thickies ...

myspace on the other hand is an entirely different kettle of fish ...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

14. J_D

Have you shucked yet or is that why you have all this time on your hands

Nutty

15. I'm house bound :rambo:

16. You've got that the wrong way round......

17. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

I'm in full agreement. Facebook and Myspace tend to be split by social class divisions. Hence bebo and myspace is riddled with chavs whereas facebook hasn't got to that stage yet. But it will undoubtedly...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6236628.stm

Anyway, I know for sure that I'd start to feel a bit ridiculous if I was using social network websites in my late 40's/early 50's when the vast majority of the users are in their teens or mid 20's.

18. That looks like a cue for a new, niche market networking thingy... the Sagabook perhaps, for the bold and wise?

19. I've created a Facebook account as it seems to be the chosen domain for the ELITE....

It won't let me enter a searchable email address as it doesn't support .Mac
    Aw shucks!

20. Who is Mac....someone you met on the Bergen cruise?? :rendeer: :rendeer: