FAA aircrew

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by athwartship, Feb 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The days of Pilots and Observers getting by with an O level in English and Arithmetic plus any three others ended a few years ago when A levels were ostensibly required. Grades? Well Does it matter if he or she has an A level in Serbo Croat?
    Would that make them a better Observer or Pilot?
    It clearly would not. However.
    New entries at Pilot and Observer level will face formidable odds in the future.
    An Academy is being formed in conjunction with the O.U.
    Can you conjugate your Latin verbs?
    Do you have a degree in Movement and Mime?
    You can answer "yes" to both?
    You're an ideal candidate for FAA Aircrew Training.
    Just the sort of talent we need!

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hello Norm.

How interesting.

3. Norman Warning Red. This time he's got the FAA in his sights. I suppose it makes a change from Lord West and Admirals in general, Lt Cdrs, sailors' uniforms and BH but better fetch the strait-jacket just in case.

4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Norm, a nice man in a white coat will come to your upholstered cabin soon, just hold out your arm (oops - forgot - he will have to untie your special uniform jacket behind your back first), you'll only feel a little prick - you should be used to that - and then you'll have such lovely dreams in which you will be a LIEUTENANT COMMANDER in a BLUE SUIT with lovely GOLD RINGS on it. When you wake up you'll still be a little prick.

5. Now that is very sad.

6. What a very sad life you must lead Norm.

7. Who's Norm?
    Can't speak for him , or her, but my new wife and I are off to our house in Sardinia for three months.
    Will contact you from there.

8. Have fun and please don't take your roaming internet account with you.

9. what pray?
    Is a roaming internet?
    Were I to know what is was It would not accompany me .

10. Not biting, but as an observation..... a few years ago an A Level in Serbo Croat may have been quite useful....

11. But, notwithstanding ,you did "bite"

12. norms come down to Sultan for a guided tour - you can even be our bitch if you want.

we'll shop you round the AIB and the scrapped aircraft.

NO

than piss off and annoy the general service