F35 down in the Med

pompeyexpat

War Hero
Not if it's in the public domain Shirley.
Suggesting those sharing it from open sources are committing an offence was poor wording on my part and I agree Seb (and others, including my oppo who put it in group chat) can't be viewed to have done anything illegal. But, any legal/disciplinary issues aside, if the clip is considered damaging to security or the reputation of the RN/RAF then surely that remains the case if it's shared? So anyone sharing is surely as guilty of causing damage as the originator?

Waspie

War Hero
Question - If whoever filmed and then shared the video in the first place has committed an offence by doing so, aren't those that then share it again just as culpable?
By the look of the video, it may come off the feed that records every take off/landing. For the purpose of recording incidents such as this.
If it was taken off the ships official feed then - perhaps the tower!!!! Failing that, Colchester!!!! To then pass it on!!!!!!
However if it was privately recorded, then sent on to a third party - who knows!!! Never a solicitor, (real one - not lower deck), when you need one!!!

huwshpis

War Hero
I haven’t jumped in before, but it seems to me that if this video came from an official service recording there are potentially breaches of both the Official Secrets Act and the Armed Forces Act. The same is true if the recording was made privately by someone serving on board.

A third party who believes the recording was improperly passed to him commits an offence if they disclose it, but liability does not extend further down a chain of disclosure.

Stirlin

War Hero
'' It accelerated up the ramp of HMS Queen Elizabeth's flight deck, before the pilot ejected when the plane reached the top ''

Nope.

fishhead

War Hero

Waspie

War Hero
Love the bit in the article.

"We are aware of Russian undersea capabilities, and you are quite right to identify them as being state of the art."

But not so state of the art they couldn't recover one of their submarines without UK assistance!!!!

The MoD are keeping much very close to their chests on locating the wreck. (Unless tech has taken a step backwards since my day!!)

Dusty70

War Hero
According to the DT feed this morning the plane has been recovered and, ' a male sailor has been arrested for distributing the video of the plane ditching and has been flown back to detention in the UK to await trial '

Waspie

War Hero
According to the DT feed this morning the plane has been recovered and, ' a male sailor has been arrested for distributing the video of the plane ditching and has been flown back to detention in the UK to await trial '
Good news on recovery.
The sailor must have known that was coming!!!! Do the crime - now the time!!!

Waspie

War Hero
Any Wafu know if F/W (F35) have emergency locator beacons fitted?
I know the Sea Kings did so that it could be found and recovered. Just wondering if a similar system is installed in F/W. Message me if too sensitive for the forum. Ta.

Chris P

War Hero
Oooow DQ's, over the wall.............are they still as tough as they were reputed to be?