F type Jaguar.

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by AAF, May 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AAF

AAF Badgeman

I think it looks better than the XK.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  2. Dude, your looking cool.
  3. It looks stunning & I hope it's a success, but it will need to be really something special as there's some serious/reliable competition in it's price range.

It's target market is China, India, America & Japan, although it's built here Jaguar don't expect to sell many in the home market & apparently there's a long delivery time & high price tag for UK right hand drive & EU build specification models.

Of course selling the majority of them abroad will be good for the economy & if you own one here it will be quite exclusive.

I wonder if in time they will go down the Alfa/BMW/Merc route & offer a diesel auto version?
  4. AAF

AAF Badgeman

5. No XKR all the way....

The rear of the F-type looks odd...like someone's hacked it off halfway down the lights
  6. Soft top...the blurb on their website says:

Even the roof is fast - raised or lowered in just 12 seconds at speeds of up to 30 mph. Built with composite materials specifically engineered to reduce wind and road noise, the weight saving fabric roof adds to F-TYPE’s performance abilities. The flush-fitting heated rear window and compact stowage keeps F-TYPE’s rear low and sleek, avoiding the need for a tonneau cover, saving even more weight.

I did think the 'deployable door handles' were quite smart though.
  7. That could be it's "Achilles heel" it's main competitors have gone down the twin top build route.
  8. Yep...they keep very quiet about it in the spec...you have to hunt for a while to find out what sort of roof it has, and seeing as the most basic model starts at £58,520 I'd rather lose boot space than have a soft top.
  9. Yes I have driven both Renault & Vauxhall twin tops in France, both are superb without any leaks or excessive wind noise, for £58k+ I would have expected a Kevlar roofed twin top to keep the weight/noise down.
  10. Apparently there is a hard top coupe version in the pipe line - due out mid-2014 and costing less than the convertible...with potential hard top R and RS models too.
  11. Seems like a compromise too far, if you want this type of sports tourer you want the best of both worlds, & at £58k+ you should easily be able to get it much cheaper in the new Lexus ISC or Merc SLK, they even offer a diesel auto version.

It's a shame but even with new owners Jaguar still seem to be behind the curve.
  12. AAF

AAF Badgeman

13. Nissan Skyline GT-R looks similar, not impressed.
  14. One review says, the bonnet pops up when in a collision with a pedestrian, thats thoughtful, if being knocked down wasnt bad enough your tattered body is then thrown onto a red hot engine
  15. Perhaps it's a new Jaguar innovation, it sucks you in as a new type of biodegradable fuel.:laughing3:
  16. Horseshit.

Gallardo - soft top. Vantage - Soft top. R8 - Soft top. Bentley continental - Soft top. All for a huge amount more money. The Lexus is a terrible car too and not in any way comparable. The F-Type is a sports car, if you want less wind noise and a diesel, drive a Zafira.

You also spelled Alfa wrong, as an Alfisti that is blasphemy.
  18. Yes, it's a two seater, supercharged, aluminium performance car. The Vanquish is an automatic too and that's hardly a 'tourer'.

The very fact you have brought the Lexus IS into this thread and would prefer a Vauxhall tin roof over the a Porsche, Aston, Maserati, Lamborghini, Jaguar or Bentley speaks volumes. Keep your IS, it suits you.
  19. You're talking about serious performance brands costing shed loads of dosh, where do you see the F-type sitting amongst these? with a £58k starting price I don't see it making too much of a dent in their sales, & you could buy two ISC250's for less money.

I still see the F-Type as a tourer rather then a pure sports car, but that's just my personal opinion.