F**king up your driving test

OSLO

War Hero
Stopped at the traffic lights: learner driver, civvie car then police car. Lights turn green, learner goes to pull away and stalls. By the time the learner restarts the engine, the lights have changed to red. Lights turn green, learner goes to pull away, and stalls. Again lights turn red before he restarts. Lights turn green, again the learner stalls. This time, civvie opens his door and starts to get out. From behind him the police car's loudhailer calls: would the gentlemen who just got out of his vehicle return to it immediately and remember that once he was a learner driver too. Civvie blushes bright red, turns around and gets back in his vehicle. Lights turn green, AGAIN the learner stalls. From the police loudhailer (still inappropriately switched on): Bl**dy hell, the tw*t's gone and done it again!

skyvet

GCM
Not a driving test story, but in the same vein as OSLO, I was walking through Glasgow (brave or what as a Sassenach) and I came up to some traffic lights. Pressing the button to stop the traffic thus allowing me to cross the road, I noticed that there was a car containing 4 Nuns ahead of a police landrover approaching the lights, and as they turned from green to amber, the Nun's car stopped, but unfortunately the police landrover didn't, and shunted the Nuns car right up the chuff!
I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when the coppers had to explain that one away back at the nick!

shellbackmac

Lantern Swinger
I remember a road safety public information film from a few years back that used to make me chuckle. It was presented by Peter Purves from Blue Peter and was guidance on the correct use of foglamps whilst motoring. There was lots of warnings about being seen on the motorway in foggy conditons and then Peter would stare sternly at the camera and announce 'And remember, nobody likes being shunted from the rear....................!!!!!!!'

fly_past

Lantern Swinger
shellbackmac said:
There was lots of warnings about being seen on the motorway in foggy conditons and then Peter would stare sternly at the camera and announce 'And remember, nobody likes being shunted from the rear....................!!!!!!!'

Reminds me of when the Blue Peter presenter (cant remeber his name) said that they were a great pair of knockers - my Dad spilt his cuppa on that one and then told me off for laughing too!