Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by chockhead819, Aug 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is the biggest insult to anyone injured in the Armed Forces. Its about time we got priorities bloody right.

Ben Collett, 23, got the record payout after a judge said she had “no hesitation†in accepting the Old Trafford boss’ view that he could have been a Premier League star."

So why aren't squaddies assessed as having potential to be Generals

2. Ridiculous. Totally agree with you 819. But then, I've always thought these not-too-bright-primos get far too much money anyway. If I get injured can I claim a Vice Admirals pension based on the fact that I might have got that far?

I don't think so.
  3. Don't blame the lad that got the payout, blame the system that has made it possible, that's what's wrong.
    It really isn't a lot of money for someone destined to be a big star in the premiership these days.
  4. That's part of the problem, we make "stars" out of these [email protected] All they do is kick a bloody ball about, it's not as if they save lives. They are footballers, nothing more, but somehow we have made celebrities out of them. I'd stick the lot of 'em into council houses and give 'em minimum wage to live on........
  5. I totally agree T42, maybe its our own fault for making it the way it is. But it ISN'T this lads fault, is it.
  6. No, but I still think they are all overpaid primadonna's :thumright:

7. Agree with you both. :thumright:
    Football = :puke: in the World According to DE
  8. 22 men running around in their knickers kicking a bag of wind for 90 minutes.!

I dont like football,never have ,never will.

Now ladies beach volleyball is a different matter.
  9. RG
    You are a man who knows what he is talking about.
  10. There was some on display in the flesh (so to speak) at Gunwharf on Sunday. The PO Stoker took photos and dribbled!
  11. Where are the phots then? For sheltered nozzers like myself, we need to be spoonfed..... so I wanna see the phots! :drool: ...oooo hold on, they will be shots of blokes, won't they? o_O ;)
  12. Sorry Thingy you'ld be disapointed - When Mrs p and I passed that way, they were all very definately female, and very definately feeling that cold wind! :thumright:
  13. You might ask why quite a few Servicewomen who left on pregnancy were able to convince industrial tribunals that they were going on to be the most senior officers in their Service - viz the nursing sister, impregnated by a serving catholic chaplain in a Service mess, who was bound to be the head honcho of her Service in due course! Payout of about £350000 if my memory serves me well!

It's all the fault of the blessed Europeans, as well!
  14. While I think that was wrong as well, £350K is subtley different to £4M. Let's face it, it'll clear your mortgage but it isn't enough to retire on. If this kid is smart (massive assumption), he'll never have to work.
    I'm sure we all dream of that lottery win or long lost uncle with a villa in S France who leaves the vineyard to us, BUT most of us accept that we have to work.
  15. Bring back Roy of the Rovers and his fish and chips!
    I'm with you 100% on this one..
  16. oo the PO Stoker did not mention that, perhaps his sight is going! I didn't have my glasses - they were just skinny blobs with incy wincy cossies on, couldn't see details!
  17. Were these two old boots there at all?

18. Don't know how much you've read or heard about this, but when the Man U captain and Alex Ferguson say you were gonna make it, you can be reasonably assured you Were Gonna make it.

This has nothing to do with us in the Armed Forces. I agree that what some of the lads get as compo is a p1ss take, but that doesn't alter the fact that this guy would have made a substantial fortune as a Premiership footballer. Just because you hate football, doesn't mean this guy's life hasn't been ruined.

19. Nice bum, shame about the gender! :)
  20. Yes, very amusing, but do you have to go on about your sexuality in every single post?