F.A.R.T

#1
Just seen this linked from the BBC site.

http://www.fartclub.co.uk./
Got me thinking, what's the most annoying thing about modern life to you? :threaten:

Mine is having to give my name and address when I buy electrical goods. Why FFS? :scratch: :pissedoff: Can anyone who works in Currys or Comet tell me?
 

Stepto

Lantern Swinger
#2
I've never worked there but if you buy anything TV related, they take your info so the TV licenceing people can track you down and kill you like a dog.
 

Stepto

Lantern Swinger
#4
It's so the Fridge Licenceing Agency, established under the Labour government, can hunt you down and kill you like a dog.
:thumright:
 
#6
So that you can be added to their marketing database. A friend of mine who works on marketing software says that personal details like an address and phone number are marketing golddust.

I suspect it's also so that they can send you new fridge offers around the time they reckon the latest one is going to pack up.
 
#8
Those phone menu things ..... if ... then .. press 1 or press 2 or press 3 etc

arrgh

the seventh circle of hell

I just want to speak to someone

then when someone picks up they don't know the answer to my question

drives me mad
 
#9
soleil said:
Those phone menu things ..... if ... then .. press 1 or press 2 or press 3 etc

arrgh

the seventh circle of hell

I just want to speak to someone

then when someone picks up they don't know the answer to my question

drives me mad
Now that is cheek clenchingly irritating .It took me 35 minuets and cost me about six quid just for someone to say YES !!!
 
#10
Mobile phones........people coped quite well without them, I do not want to be party to other folks chat, worse still their muzak, and the gawd awfull ringtones, usually at too high a volume.
Police,emergency services etc yes, Joe Public, NO. :threaten:
 

Stepto

Lantern Swinger
#11
When a group of a dozen girls get to the bar, finaly get served, then spend ages deciding what they might like to drink. THEN, they have to pay for each drink in turn AND with the exact change. OR even worse, get out their credit card to pay for one Barcardi and coke. Meanwhile, old fella has to stand and wait for his one and only pint of mild.
:threaten:
 
#12
stirling said:
Mobile phones........people coped quite well without them, I do not want to be party to other folks chat, worse still their muzak, and the gawd awfull ringtones, usually at too high a volume.
Police,emergency services etc yes, Joe Public, NO. :threaten:
I know what you mean i just have a ordinary ring (on low and vibrate)and go away from people if i am in a crowd
 
#15
lesbryan said:
soleil said:
Those phone menu things ..... if ... then .. press 1 or press 2 or press 3 etc

arrgh

the seventh circle of hell

I just want to speak to someone

then when someone picks up they don't know the answer to my question

drives me mad
Now that is cheek clenchingly irritating .It took me 35 minuets and cost me about six quid just for someone to say YES !!!
Glad to see you're back Les! :thumright:
 
#16
thingy said:
lesbryan said:
soleil said:
Those phone menu things ..... if ... then .. press 1 or press 2 or press 3 etc

arrgh

the seventh circle of hell

I just want to speak to someone

then when someone picks up they don't know the answer to my question

drives me mad
Now that is cheek clenchingly irritating .It took me 35 minuets and cost me about six quid just for someone to say YES !!!
Glad to see you're back Les! :thumright:
I do get these rushes to the head from time to time .I have been offline fo nearly two weeks .I had to get a new puter the other one went on strike ive had to get this one up to scratch :elephant: :w00t:
 
#17
Lesbryan

It took me 35 minuets and cost me about six quid just for someone to say YES !!!
I love the image of you doing 35 minuets while you were waiting. At least dancing the time away must have made it a little more bearable!
 
#19
Free Holiday worth £500 !

£1,000 Cash Back!

Only £2.99 per month!

"Upgrade your Digital TV Package - FREE!"

plus any other wonderous offers, that end in the words:


Terms and Conditions apply
 

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top