F-35 Pilot chances?

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by BungaBunga, Aug 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What are the chances of, say, if I joined the fleet air arm. Can I choose where I'm streamlined? (I will be the right age when the carriers and F-35's come along)
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The RAF reckon they get one fighter pilot for every 16,000 people that walk into an AFCO.

With regard your future aspiration to be a pilot, you'll initially be processed as a "pilot" then streamed fast jet or rotary wing further into training - it's not possible to predict specific odds, but suffice to say every other person that walks into a careers office wants to be a fighter pilot. To achieve it, you've got to be better than the rest.

Good luck.
  3. Thanks Ninja
  4. And be incredibly handsome.........with the banging stamina of a belt-fed Wombat........and be really funny..........and a great dancer............and have a big watch.
  5. Pontius
    You forgot the Sports car, preferably an old MGB, Morgan or new Porche:clap:
  6. Ninja_Stoker

The big aviators watch is optional, I'm advised.

The conversation at Naval Stores usually goes: "What do you want a chunky watch or wit and intelligence?"

To which the traditional reply is usually: "Ooh, chunky watch please". :grin:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 10511_16022621174be9538f8d7bd.jpg This the type?
  8. When are they coming along?

Never the twain shall meet. Ha ha Ho He.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  9. Ninja_Stoker

I preferred it when you are miserable, Finks.
  10. Rather than manic.
  11. Very little, give it two years and the crabs will have caused such an atmosphere that the senior service will all be begging to get to VL and CU on merlins!
  12. Killick and two?
    • Like Like x 2
  13. How old are you now?
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Knowing the speed of Naval procurement and RAF hindrance tactics, those about to enter Reception this September probably have a greater chance of driving an F35 on a carrier.:neutral:
  15. And even then only if F-35 is to be the new designation for one of those small aircraft towing vehicles. Or a bicycle.
  16. Ninja_Stoker

When one considers the prototype Harrier first flew mid-sixties but was only operational in squadron numbers on a carrier 15 years later, my prophecy may be more accurate than intended.
  17. wal

wal Badgeman

I've got a Breitling can I apply?
  18. Ninja_Stoker

Once the antibiotics have kicked-in and you can walk without the limp, yes.
  19. wal

wal Badgeman

Never mind the antibiotics its the Prostrate pills and blood pressure. My father is 95 and takes fewer pills than I do.