F-35 Pilot chances?

What are the chances of, say, if I joined the fleet air arm. Can I choose where I'm streamlined? (I will be the right age when the carriers and F-35's come along)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The RAF reckon they get one fighter pilot for every 16,000 people that walk into an AFCO.

With regard your future aspiration to be a pilot, you'll initially be processed as a "pilot" then streamed fast jet or rotary wing further into training - it's not possible to predict specific odds, but suffice to say every other person that walks into a careers office wants to be a fighter pilot. To achieve it, you've got to be better than the rest.

Good luck.

To achieve it, you've got to be better than the rest.
And be incredibly handsome.........with the banging stamina of a belt-fed Wombat........and be really funny..........and a great dancer............and have a big watch.

And be incredibly handsome.........with the banging stamina of a belt-fed Wombat........and be really funny..........and a great dancer............and have a big watch.
Pontius
You forgot the Sports car, preferably an old MGB, Morgan or new Porche:clap:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The big aviators watch is optional, I'm advised.

The conversation at Naval Stores usually goes: "What do you want a chunky watch or wit and intelligence?"

To which the traditional reply is usually: "Ooh, chunky watch please". :grin:

Knowing the speed of Naval procurement and RAF hindrance tactics, those about to enter Reception this September probably have a greater chance of driving an F35 on a carrier.:neutral:
And even then only if F-35 is to be the new designation for one of those small aircraft towing vehicles. Or a bicycle.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
When one considers the prototype Harrier first flew mid-sixties but was only operational in squadron numbers on a carrier 15 years later, my prophecy may be more accurate than intended.