"F-35 Lightning II Jet To Make Maiden British Flight"

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Apr 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "The F-35 Lightning II will make its international debut in July at the Royal International Air Tattoo in Fairford and in the same month will also fly at the Farnborough International Air Show.

This will be the first time the combat aircraft has flown outside of the United States. The selection of 2 UK airshows demonstrates the significant role that Britain has in the programme. Approximately 15% of every aircraft is built in the UK."

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  2. It'll go U/S in Lajes Air Base, Azores. It's a tradition.

Sent from my iPhone, cos the wife is using MY iPad :(

• Like Like x 3
  3. Any AET's on here willing to answer some questions of the general variety on life as an AET and also some questions on the courses/modules that are undertaken at HMS Sultan? Any help would be appreciated.

4. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

Ask away as there are plenty of us on here. The search function will also bring up some AET type threads which may already answer some of your questions.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

5. Thank you redmonkey, the search function proved very helpful, hadn't discovered that previously. I found some really great information and a lot of my questions have been answered and I am now more excited than ever before about joining (hopefully nothing trips me up).

Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1