Eyesight

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by tenacious_g, Jun 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got a call there confirming my interview for a job in Warfare Communications. One very small question though- apparently, I need an eye test. I know that Im a bit short-sighted in my left eye, I dont wear glasses and generally have no real bother with it, but is this likely to affect my chances?

2. One way to find out isnt there? go get them checked. I fault my eyes would be bad-ish but i got a VA1.

3. :roll: Here is the RN eye test for WC :wink: :wink: You will need to fully concentrate on the wall chart!! http://usera.ImageCave.com/scouse/kmc086(1).jpg

4. Do you know what level it is? I just missed out on level 1 and wear lenses, mine are -1 in each. I'm going for warfare officer and that's fine for that.

5. Ill be back in a minute.

6. and the eyes won?

7. My eyes are really bad and I passed with VA2!
    When I take my glasses off I cant see 30 centimetres on front of me!! really didnt think Id pass but hey hey!
    Good Luck :)

8. Well one of my eyes is short sighted, one is long sighted.
    I had glasses as a child and sometimes can be seen squinting at middle distance.
    I read one line better than is needed to be a fighter pilot!

9. One way to find out isnt there? go get them checked. I fault my eyes would be bad-ish but i got a VA1.[/quote] :roll: Here is the RN eye test for WC :wink: :wink: You will need to fully concentrate on the wall chart!! http://usera.ImageCave.com/scouse/kmc086(1).jpg[/quote],

Many thanks Scouse...can you recommend anywhere to get a white stick? :D

10. You should be fine

i got VA3... but that was because i have a lazy left eye, as long as you dont have that then you should be fine