Eyesight

Reg1234

Just applied however really worried about my eyesight being +7 on right and +8 on left, my eyes couldn’t be worse to be honest. Havnt had them checked in about a year but doubt they will change for the better. I know it says minimum -6 or +6 but I don’t know if this is true and if they may bargain with it?

Any ideas or suggestions would be great lol?

fishhead

War Hero
Just applied however really worried about my eyesight being +7 on right and +8 on left, my eyes couldn’t be worse to be honest. Havnt had them checked in about a year but doubt they will change for the better. I know it says minimum -6 or +6 but I don’t know if this is true and if they may bargain with it?

Any ideas or suggestions would be great lol?
You have been very honest. As I understand it the limits of what is acceptable are non-negotiable whatever skills your are bringing to the table. I am happy to be corrected.

Reg1234

I will continue the application, they said some roles don’t need that good eye sight but maybe I can wow them in the interview and test, is what it is, will be gutted though.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Unfortunately, as indicated, the standards are non-negotiable and are the minimum standard required for the branches that accept the widest parameters - Logistics, Medical, Weapons/Marine Engineering or Royal Marine.

Possibly it maybe worth enquiring about the RFA.

Best of luck.