Eyesight

Just applied however really worried about my eyesight being +7 on right and +8 on left, my eyes couldn’t be worse to be honest. Havnt had them checked in about a year but doubt they will change for the better. I know it says minimum -6 or +6 but I don’t know if this is true and if they may bargain with it?

Any ideas or suggestions would be great lol?

Just applied however really worried about my eyesight being +7 on right and +8 on left, my eyes couldn’t be worse to be honest. Havnt had them checked in about a year but doubt they will change for the better. I know it says minimum -6 or +6 but I don’t know if this is true and if they may bargain with it?

Any ideas or suggestions would be great lol?
You have been very honest. As I understand it the limits of what is acceptable are non-negotiable whatever skills your are bringing to the table. I am happy to be corrected.

I will continue the application, they said some roles don’t need that good eye sight but maybe I can wow them in the interview and test, is what it is, will be gutted though.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Unfortunately, as indicated, the standards are non-negotiable and are the minimum standard required for the branches that accept the widest parameters - Logistics, Medical, Weapons/Marine Engineering or Royal Marine.

Possibly it maybe worth enquiring about the RFA.

Best of luck.