eyesight requirements for officers

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Guest, Jul 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I am sure eyesight questions have been posed many times already so my apologies for adding to them. I have just received my officers application forms and went to the optician as required. On the forms however Standard III only states +6.00 sphere not -6.00 whereas on this site : http://www.aop.org.uk/uploaded_files/pdf/04-navy.pdf the Standard III is stated as + or -6.00

I got -2.75 and -3.00 so depending on which one is correct I am either in or out. So bacically my question is : Is Standard III only concerned with long-sightedness or is it actually + or - 6.00

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. I can't help but if you give your local recruitment office a ring they will be happy to help or point you in the right direction.
  3. well i have just been for an eye exam for officer entrance and was told as long as you can read down to the fourth line on the eyetest chart without specs or contacts you are fine
  4. Officers have eye sight tests !!! 8O My god next you will tell me they are allowed to get their hands dirty :D I thought the eye test was identifying correctly a pink gin from a whisky chaser :wink:
  5. Gosh yes chaps, can you think how ghastly the consequences of getting your drinks muddled might be?! 8O Frightful, just frightful. Doesn't bear thinking about. In fact, I think I need a stiff drink :D