Eyesight Queries

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by bauer, Jun 23, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Currently in my last year of university and beginning the application process, my biggest concern is my eyesight and I've read that the Navy accepts those who have under + or - 6 in both eyes. Currently i'am on -4 and -3 however do the restrictions apply to every position as I want to join as a warfare officer and know that in the past warfare officers must have no eyesight restrictions.

Can anyone shed any light on eye sight requirements/restrictions?

2. When I was tested a year ago I was marked as A3 which restricted my options. Tested again this year for work and took navy docs to see if eyesight had got worse. Had actually got better and would now be rated A1.

Go in relaxed not tired and lay off excessive screen use as much as possible in the months running up. You may not be as blind as you think.
  3. Another top tip for you. If you wear contact lens, leave them out the day before and on the day, using your specs instead. Wearing contacts can affect your eye shape slightly, changing the refraction.
    Some folk who failed the first time, did the above and got a more accurate result and passed.
    • Like Like x 1