eye test?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by gazbo1988, Apr 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. after having my eye test back in the day (year ago) i found out my eyes were level 3 (shit) i join raleigh in four weeks however i am abit apprehensive regarding the other eye test at raleigh. is a complete new eye test like i had before or not as indeepth? :?

2. do you know what dioptres your eyes are, i think the navy pass eyes that are anything up too -7 or +8 dioptres so if your within that band you should pass.

Correct me if i'm wrong though guys.

3. Hmm i was wondering about this aswell. I'm in the same boat and i've been waiting for my raleigh date for around 7 months now. I don't wanna wait for a long period, get to Raleigh and then told i can't continue because of my eyes. Bit worried about it actually.

4. all i know is that my perscribtion is -5.25 thats it! lol can anyone clear it up for me?

5. No, you're probably stuck with it.

6. the question at hand??

7. AFAIK, all that happens in RALEIGH is a Snellen chart test (ie reading the chart from 6 metres). Shouldn't be too stressful!

8. It means that you are short-sighted. -5.25 in both eyes? Surely you wear glasses?

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Those that undergo an eyetest as part of the Medical Examination prior to entry should have no specific concerns if they were passed fit, unless they were borderline VA3 to VA4 and/or their eyesight has deteriorated further since the optician report.

10. yer i wear contacts aswell ! my eyes were passed as VA3 but havent deteriorated since my last eye test ! is the test just reading different sized writing on a wall 6 metres away!

11. Why are you still panicing for? You were passed fit prior. The doc said "reading the chart from 6 metres" Yet you still dribbling on.

12. Just trying to settle the butterflys bit nervous go in three weeks!

13. Stop panicing.