Eye test

Just got an eye test in boots opticians.
The result wasn't great.
My vision unaided is what let me down. Resulting in a 6/120 in both eyes when the limit is 60.
My prescription is only a 4.50 and 4.75.

What acceptions do they have to eye sight?
I don't know if to send it anyway or if to get a 're test?
What's everyone's thoughts

Hvrry

Midshipman
Mine was 4.25/4.50, I thought mine would be a problem but it wasn't so I would presume its the same for you however, you can always check with your AFCO.

It's my unaided vision that's the problem, not my prescription. 6/120 I think is bullshit because I know my vision isn't that bad
So your a qualified optician then - so why ask!!!!
Either get a second test or ask at your local recruiting office.
I doubt anyone on here is qualified to answer your query.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Opticians, Doctors and even Marine Engineering Mechanics can make mistakes.

If you dispute the eyesight test results, you have a choice - accept them or get a second opinion at your own expense...then submit the results.

In most cases, those who have significant issues with regard eyesight, hearing or generic medical issues already know full well they are unlikely to meet the entry standards and usually say stuff like "It's been my lifelong ambition since birth, I'm gutted, who do I sue?" etc. But, if this comes as a completely unexpected outcome, then it's usually worth going the distance to get things double checked.

In most cases, those who have significant issues with regard eyesight, hearing or generic medical issues already know full well they are unlikely to meet the entry standards and usually say stuff like "It's been my lifelong ambition since birth, I'm gutted, who do I sue?" etc. But, if this comes as a completely unexpected outcome, then it's usually worth going the distance to get things double checked.
Diplomacy.
Right there.