Eye Test (Merged Threads)

What Visual Acuity Standard would I have to reach if I wear glasses? I wear them all the time because seeing in the distance for me is blurry.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
What is the minimum distance my vision can be blurred at then? Sorry for all these questions, I get confused.
Can you see how many fingers I'm holding up? Me neither. :wave:

The only way to find out for sure is to copy'n'paste the standards & take them to your optician so they can grade your eyesight by your prescription. Beware trying to translate your prescription or accepting a random punt from an unqualified individual as it's not as straight forward as many imagine.

Can you see how many fingers I'm holding up? Me neither. :wave:

The only way to find out for sure is to copy'n'paste the standards & take them to your optician so they can grade your eyesight by your prescription. Beware trying to translate your prescription or accepting a random punt from an unqualified individual as it's not as straight forward as many imagine.
Basically my eyes are probably really bad... Really don't want to fail!

You cant change your eyeballs anyway so just go along to the eye test and see what they say. No point worrying/asking now as no one can say indefinitely 'you'll be fine' which is what you want to hear.

Also i heard the word 'rats' being thrown around, my favourite type of chap. A/S/L?

You cant change your eyeballs anyway so just go along to the eye test and see what they say. No point worrying/asking now as no one can say indefinitely 'you'll be fine' which is what you want to hear.

Also i heard the word 'rats' being thrown around, my favourite type of chap. A/S/L?
But what happens if I don't pass it? Surely they can't just throw you out