Eye Sight

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Narky1035, Dec 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good day to all!
    I recently recieved my AIB forms, and took the medical to the optitions. My eyesight is S3, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what careers are available.

Originally I was set on Pilot, but I dont think that'll happen because of my eye sight. So, would it still be possible to train as a warefare officer on a submarine?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Just to jump in before someone else does - use the search function and search the Newbie forum.
    Also, Ninja_Stoker is the person to ask (PM or thread) about this sort of thing - fountain-of-all-knowledge sort...
    As far as I know, with S3 you can only go for the following (according to AOP Standards 2004, I think):
    Engineering, Medical, Logs and maybe Instructor (whatever they're called these years) and something to do with communications/IT? X(SM) looks unlikely, unfortunately.

3. Ok. Thanks for that. Will do in the future!
  4. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

We're either Engineer (Training Managers) or Engineer(Information Systems). The former languishing without support the latter adopted as a heath robinson sticking plaster for the WE spec.

I much preferred skooly skum.
  5. Your eyesight must be worse than you think,why did you post this in the Gaming forum????
  6. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Beautiful, I wondered that too but distracted before I could nibble.
  7. Well, I'm new to this whole thing, and just clicked new topic. I had no idea where it was! So being in gaming was just an accident.
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Press the button and hope for the best? You'll make an excellent PWO... :wink:
  9. Ha, many thanks indeed!
    I'll get the hang of this chat thing sooner or later.