Extra Trades? Please help

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by yorkshirelad_rn, Dec 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im currently a leading WAFU and ive been in 9 and half years. I was looking at going ships diver 3 years ago then hopefully onto subsunk training but suddenly it all got stopped.
    I was wondering is there any of these type of add quals i could get while still being a Killick WAFU? I have looked at the option of Diver but id give up my 9 years experience to start at the bottom again, so im not too keen on that idea.
    Any help would be great. I do like being a WAFU but i dont feel as though there is a challenge there anymore.

2. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

All depends on how much you want to do something.

I too was a wafu and jumped ship after being in over 5 years to a warfare branch.

I haven't regretted it one bit. I've been in the same amount of time as you as well.

3. Hi mate
    Thanks for the reply. What did you work on as a WAFU? I just want something different, ships diver or subsunk would have been perfect. That way i get to keep my trade and explore the "fish ed" side of the Navy.

4. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Junglies.

Just a word though-when I retraded, it was only then that I realised what the real navy was like. But I enjoy being a fish-head now. It's given me chances I'd never have had as an AEM.

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Come over to the Dark Side, my son... :wink: :lol:

6. S P B

Surely you don't want him to become a Regulator???????

Nutty

7. no chance he could be a reggie - after 9 years as a wafu he knows the meaning of closed doors, and detatchment rules.

8. yorkshirelad_rn did not state thats he was crap at his job so why would he recat to Reggy