Extra November Book Competition - FIRE and ICE

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
With thanks to janner, I have another competition for you lot to scratch your heads at. This is for one of two copies of FIRE and ICE, the review for which can be found here. It is about a Russian submarine during the Cuban Crisis of 1962 but I have to warn you Matelots that the only picture is on the front cover! :pottytrain1:

The competition will run until Sunday 9th December and as ever can be entered by filling in the Survey Monkey entry form.

Have a go and perhaps get yourself some good reading material for over the Festive period.

Fire and Ice.jpg

Last edited:
AG pressed linky thing and got
Thanks for completing this survey.
Now create your own—it's free, quick & easy!
So at the mo me no enter
PS did not Rx CD

Hopefully there are two answers to two questions, it's when there's two answers to one question that the confusion lies. I picked up AG on that once before and I haven't won since!! (not that I'm implying anything you understand)

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Just to put your minds at rest, I did not set the questions - however, I do have the answers supplied by the question compiler and of course I will be sticking to them! :)

In all other cases refer to Rule #1.

Last edited:
Hopefully there are two answers to two questions, it's when there's two answers to one question that the confusion lies. I picked up AG on that once before and I haven't won since!! (not that I'm implying anything you understand)
The issue arises when Google is not your friend and gives 2 much info, or possibly in my case read too much into research and cannot see the wood for the trees; obviously you did not win, because there are now players giving the correct answers and AG, does not have to give it to you as the closest answer? There was no slight of any kind at AG (grovel appropriately) as he is the quiz master and rule 1 always applies?

PS do you think that will get in his good books?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 1
Jenny_Dabber Current Affairs 0
ScaleyFins The Fleet 28