expressions of affection

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Grimston, Jul 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am trying to complile a list of expressions of affection commonly used in the '39-'45 period on the reverse of letters home. I know of B.U.R.M.A. 'be undressed ready my arrival' and S.W.A.L.K. 'sealed with a loving kiss'. Can anybody help with A.L.A.R.M & I.T.A.L.Y, and finally, R.A.S.C.? There must be many more, aimed at defeating the censor, I would be grateful for any information which would enable me to make a list. Many thanks.
  2. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

One well known acronym is N.O.R.W.I.C.H - Nickers Off Ready When I Come Home
  3. CHIPS and FISH =

Come Home, I'm Pregnant

**** Off, I'm Staying Here
  4. Grimston,
    I-T-A-L-Y = I Trust And Love You, (but don't take that personally).
  5. H-O-L-L-A-N-D
    Hope our love lasts and never dies or in welsh... Hope our love lasts and never Dai's

aaawww :pukel:
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Isn't that why all Welsh bloke's knobs are red, white and green? 'Cos they stick it in Dai..?! :wink:
  7. Can i ask what the **** this has to do with the Corps?? Thought gash barge was more appropriate.

Grouch grouch drip drip
  8. sounds like you are speaking from experience there mate :thumright:
  9. NB xxxxxxxx
    How's your back? I'm sure that's frustrating for you?
  10. grrr argh eeee grouch biff fcuk shit bollocks

11. Germany
    Go easy royal my arse not yours! :thumright:
  12. You ask what it has to do with the Corps? I have a letter written by a Sgt RM, in "Newfoundland", dated 8th. November 1955. The reverse has a selection of these ditties, I was curious, as I have seen similar selections from time to time, so I thought a list would be interesting, it obviously is, Thanks!
  13. Fair one mate but why didn't you state that when you created this thread??
  14. CHINA

Cnut Hunting In North Africa

15. Fair one mate but why didn't you state that when you created this thread??[/quote]

Sorry, I'm new on the mess deck, so have a lot to learn, things can only get better.
  16. Also....Coming Home In Need of Action
  17. A good one used in the Corps was B.I.F.F.

It stood for Bloody Incompetent F*cking Fool.

Mind you, I once asked one of my oppos if he knew what it stood for and he said:

Big Ignorant Fat F*cker!!

18. another one is P O L O Pants Off Legs Open :thanks: