expressions of affection

I am trying to complile a list of expressions of affection commonly used in the '39-'45 period on the reverse of letters home. I know of B.U.R.M.A. 'be undressed ready my arrival' and S.W.A.L.K. 'sealed with a loving kiss'. Can anybody help with A.L.A.R.M & I.T.A.L.Y, and finally, R.A.S.C.? There must be many more, aimed at defeating the censor, I would be grateful for any information which would enable me to make a list. Many thanks.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Welshbird said:
H-O-L-L-A-N-D
Hope our love lasts and never dies or in welsh... Hope our love lasts and never Dai's

aaawww :pukel:
Isn't that why all Welsh bloke's knobs are red, white and green? 'Cos they stick it in Dai..?! :wink:

sgtpepperband said:
Welshbird said:
H-O-L-L-A-N-D
Hope our love lasts and never dies or in welsh... Hope our love lasts and never Dai's

aaawww :pukel:
Isn't that why all Welsh bloke's knobs are red, white and green? 'Cos they stick it in Dai..?! :wink:
sounds like you are speaking from experience there mate :thumright:

You ask what it has to do with the Corps? I have a letter written by a Sgt RM, in "Newfoundland", dated 8th. November 1955. The reverse has a selection of these ditties, I was curious, as I have seen similar selections from time to time, so I thought a list would be interesting, it obviously is, Thanks!

Grimston said:
You ask what it has to do with the Corps? I have a letter written by a Sgt RM, in "Newfoundland", dated 8th. November 1955. The reverse has a selection of these ditties, I was curious, as I have seen similar selections from time to time, so I thought a list would be interesting, it obviously is, Thanks!
Fair one mate but why didn't you state that when you created this thread??

Fair one mate but why didn't you state that when you created this thread??[/quote]

Sorry, I'm new on the mess deck, so have a lot to learn, things can only get better.

Greendeath

Lantern Swinger
A good one used in the Corps was B.I.F.F.

It stood for Bloody Incompetent F*cking Fool.

Mind you, I once asked one of my oppos if he knew what it stood for and he said:

Big Ignorant Fat F*cker!!

Cheers

GD

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
slim Diamond Lil's 36
higthepig History 0