Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expanding the Navy again

Sumo

War Hero
We have a company wide 'GEM' points thing where you can apply to thank a colleague by means of an official thank you email or GEM points which can be used to spend on the company GEM points store.
However, our department head believes we are working for the love of the company and as he has the final say in how many points are allocated, we get bugger all. I got 10 this year.
A different department with a different head and budget - one girl got 250 just for turning up and 'helping a colleague who was upset'! Takes her yearly to 1250 (must have smiled at the boss one day to get the other 1000).
The points to GBP ratio is about 1:1 so she can get a top of the range iPad and I can get............. bugger all because there is nothing that is as cheap as £10 on the store site :(

Apparently its tax deductible so I'm really not too fussed as any additions messes up my tax anyway.:cool:
try smiling at your boss?

We get a tiered bonus scheme depending on profit, from £200 upto £1000.

profit has to meet a set figure before it is triggered, been going since 2015 and only had 1 x £200 so far.

Sumo

War Hero
we get xmas lunch then at beginning of Jan, so as not to be a Xmas party we have a company dedication due, where they award bods long service gongs plus other awards, almost a black tie job, 3 course scran 5 bottles of wine per table of 10, for employee plus one, Mrs S don't like those does so I rotate my kids as a free night out where they get to dress up in fancy frocks or suit, normally has a couple of turns on and a disco till late.
We have had a few in Drake SR mess, this year and next Golf club.

huwshpis

War Hero
My "company" Christmas do is on 25 December and I have to pay for it all myself! It's cancelled this year because Mrs H and I don't know where we'll be living - lease ending and fckuing difficult to find a new place at a sensible rent.

Sumo

War Hero
My "company" Christmas do is on 25 December and I have to pay for it all myself! It's cancelled this year because Mrs H and I don't know where we'll be living - lease ending and fckuing difficult to find a new place at a sensible rent.
Local out doors shop, buy a tent, you know it makes sense?

huwshpis

War Hero
Suggested that, Mrs H said "Glamping, not camping". I'll have to find a marquee and put a 4-poster bed in it, then get done for not having planning permission!

Sumo

War Hero
Suggested that, Mrs H said "Glamping, not camping". I'll have to find a marquee and put a 4-poster bed in it, then get done for not having planning permission!
You miss under stood, wife Glamping is 5* hotel, do you know any Crabs?

onions

GCM
Ah, "Acorn", the M.O.D. suggestion scheme. I submitted a few ideas that were considered but not acted upon. About a year later I noticed that my ideas were in fact being implemented. When I challenged senior management I was told that "as a junior manager it was my job to think of ideas that would save money!" However, they did give me a reward. A furking biro !!!!

Wightsparker

War Hero
Ah, "Acorn", the M.O.D. suggestion scheme. I submitted a few ideas that were considered but not acted upon. About a year later I noticed that my ideas were in fact being implemented. When I challenged senior management I was told that "as a junior manager it was my job to think of ideas that would save money!" However, they did give me a reward. A furking biro !!!!

Hope you declared it to HMRC.......:)

Move to leafy Huntingdonshire, commutable to London (45 mins) and you could join our RNA branch :)

huwshpis

War Hero
I have fond memories of Huntingdonshire, my aunt was headmistress of the village school in Great Raveley :)

Edited to add: One of my father's cousins was a nonconformist minister in Upwood

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Defra seeks views on expanding use of monitoring technology on fishing boats MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Independent report presents blueprint for expanding dormant assets scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Expanding UK's diplomatic, defense and development assistance in the Sahel region MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seizes over 450kg in the largest methamphetamine drug bust in the Middle East MoD News 0
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy: 215th Anniversary Of The Battle Of Trafalgar History 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity - Hosting Your Own Trafalgar Night/Pickle Night Dinner History 2
soleil Express: "Submarine Sparks Panic In Scotland As Onlookers Mistake Royal Navy Exercise For Fire" Submariners 2
sampost Jubilee Sailing Trust announces pioneering collaboration with the Royal Navy Sports and Adventure Training 2
soleil Royal Navy Recipients In The Queen's Birthday Honours List 2020 Current Affairs 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity: World Uckers Championship 2020 The Fleet 1
soleil The Times: "Life On The Ocean Wave: The Royal Navy Photographic Awards" The Fleet 1
soleil BBC: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: On board The Royal Navy's New Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seize £160 million worth of drugs in the Caribbean MoD News 1
higthepig Navy news September 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
soleil NWE Mail: "Barrow Built Submarine Becomes Inaugural Winner Of A New Royal Navy Commendation" Submariners 2
soleil New Badge For Trainee Royal Navy Submariners Submariners 18
M Royal Navy interviews Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Royal Navy Handymen The Fleet 21
B how to find service number royal navy Site Issues 7
soleil P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19" Bases / Shore Est 4
H Royal Navy Push up standards Joining the Royal Navy 5
J Navy or RAF Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 8
soleil FB: NAVYFit - Squash - 1SL v The Chief Of The Australian Navy Sports and Adventure Training 1
higthepig Navy news August 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
S Transfer from Army to Navy Joining the Royal Navy 8
D Both parents in the Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 1
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy - On This Day - Sir Thomas Sean Connery Was Born History 2
MoD_RSS DIO completes state-of-the-art gym for Royal Navy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK launches multinational training to enhance Ukrainian Navy against threats from the East MoD News 0
soleil Somerset Live: Royal Navy 'Legend' Still Flying After 50 Years And 9,200 Hours In The Air The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil FB: Navy Wings: 'The Wrong Sort Of Air' ……......…..... The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil Dorset Echo: "‘Does Anyone Know My Old Navy Friend?" The Quarterdeck 4
T Navy Entry Date Marine Engineer Joining the Royal Navy 4
T Application process-Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 8
T Fitness Test Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 15
T Commissioning from army to navy (hopefully) UPO/Careers Office 24
D Navy CBAT/FATs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity - Black Tot Day - 50th Anniversary History 11
soleil FB: Navy Wings - Aircrew Logbooks The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS Glen Mallan jetty refurbishment to support Royal Navy’s surface fleets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stena Superfast VII and Royal Navy submarine report published MoD News 0
J Navy to raf apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
soleil Royal Navy International Air Day - Online - Saturday, July 11th 2020 The Fleet Air Arm 2
N Royal Navy Drugs Policy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
T What is the contract of service for the royal navy rating? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
higthepig Navy news June 2020 The Quarterdeck 3
soleil Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy flyers Land On Pitching Postage Stamp Deck | Nostalgia" The Fleet Air Arm 14
soleil FB: RMRN: Take A Look Around HMS Holland I, The First Submarine To Be Commissioned By The Royal Navy Submariners 0
D Navy as a last resort option Joining the Royal Navy 61
C RFA or Royal Navy? Older applicant Joining the Royal Navy 36