Excuse for Birthday Run Ashore

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by rod-gearing, Nov 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tomorrow is my 52nd birthday but sadly I am on nights therefore will be unable to celebrate.

I therefore wonder if any Rum Rationers out there would like to deputise for me by celebrating it in my absense.

I know its a lot to ask for but I would be extremely grateful.

All that is required is that in the true naval fashion you go out and get rat-arsed,pick a fight,eat a curry,trap and get your end away lose your ID card and end up back onboard adrift in the morning.

Of course tuesday will be a different story and I will go to my local The Ethnic Equine(aka The Black Horse) and sink a few but its far better on the actual day.

I await your posts with anticipation. :thumright: :thumright:

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

RG: Can't make it in time, I'm afraid - currently 6000 miles away in the middle of the Indian Ocean! But I'l raise a large glass of Morgan's Spicy Rum and coke the next time I'm in the Brit Club... :relax:

3. You should be in bed. :thumright:

4. If you are also on a promise then I suppose I could put myself out.

5. Did all above last week from Wednesday to Saturday i would be honoured if you would take it in your name shippers.
    PS it costs a bloody fortune to lose your ID card these days.

6. Can take parts of it if that helps: can get ratarsed for you, have a fight with the other half if I get home, but there it all ceases; will get a curry over me head, definitely NOT get my leg over, and probably find myself locked out. Would losing my bus pass be OK ?

7. I'll drink a tot in your honour sir!

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Wow, I even got it all in the same box....it must be destiny....