Ex WE thinking about rejoining

Hi, im an ex LET(WE), left around 6 years ago.

I have heard many rumours about manning problems in the engineering world, and have seen on the RN website theyre actively looking to re-enlist ex engineers back in with a tailored package.

Ive rang the number given, and also spoken to my AFCO (around 6 months ago) and nobody seems to have any idea as to what im going on about...even though the RN website is advertising this.

Can anyone on here shed some light as to what this is all about?

Cheers

Chris

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
Hi, im an ex LET(WE), left around 6 years ago.

I have heard many rumours about manning problems in the engineering world, and have seen on the RN website theyre actively looking to re-enlist ex engineers back in with a tailored package.

Ive rang the number given, and also spoken to my AFCO (around 6 months ago) and nobody seems to have any idea as to what im going on about...even though the RN website is advertising this.

Can anyone on here shed some light as to what this is all about?

Cheers

Chris
Ask/ politely pester your AFCO again.

I'm rejoining after a much bigger break and probably a lot older. As I have a mate in another AFCO I managed to get in contact with my branch manager before I approached my AFCO. I could then ask them to contact him for confirmation that they could proceed.

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
I think i would have stayed if i could especially all the extra £££'s being had by WE's
£20 a Day trade pay + £31 a Day Sea pay + £5 a Day for being on a boat alongside £15 if the boat's at Sea + Submarine Pay + Basic Pay not to mention thats on Supplement 3 of the payscales. And then GYH Pay on top of all that Almost Rockstar wages.

I think i would have stayed if i could especially all the extra £££'s being had by WE's
£20 a Day trade pay + £31 a Day Sea pay + £5 a Day for being on a boat alongside £15 if the boat's at Sea + Submarine Pay + Basic Pay not to mention thats on Supplement 3 of the payscales. And then GYH Pay on top of all that Almost Rockstar wages.
Where do I sign up??

do you think they will take a knackard old git, that would struggle with a level gangway?

but you still wont be a stoker :p

Seadog

War Hero
MOODY MOD ALERT.

Moderators normally have a low tolerance attitude to 'banter' in the Recruitment forums. I've been tolerant as the OP is not really a Sprog / Newbie, BUT there is by now too much unfunny crap that doesn't answer the question or help the OP. A halt or a clean up may be required.