Ex Royal Navy doctor blows the whistle

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, May 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A doctor who worked for the private company which assesses people for disability benefits says its methods are unfair.Greg Wood, a former Royal Navy doctor, resigned from Atos earlier this month, after working as an assessor for two-and-a-half years.He told the BBC the system was "skewed against the claimant".

Full story here BBC News.

Good for you doc, as I recall when these medicals were introduced many people voiced concerns that they would be target driven and some needy people who are in receipt of benefits would have them taken away unfairly. It now looks as though the corroborative evidence is there for all to see.

'The whistle-blower must always be protected.'

2. Brave man.

3. I have just sent in my claim for DLA/PIP or whatever it's called.
    This will be my fifth attempt. Been battling with the invisibles
    since 2007/2008.

Then again - I'm not a Somalian refugee with 10 kids and an
    urgent need for a detached property in Kensington so I
    guess I shall get fucked over yet again.

B.N.M.

• Like Like x 5
  4. If you can walk then you dont need to be claiming DLA.

5. The methods are too fair not unfair, Spongers are always complaining about how life is not fair for them. Its not fair that i and other hard working taxpayers have to pay for them to live.

6. Can there not be some kind of default so that when this idiot ^ pipes up the thread automatically goes to Lil's?

Last edited: May 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Sir you are a fool !!!!!. I have friends who are that bad that every step they take which is few they are in utter agony and yes they have worked all of there lives just struck down in the last year or so .It would not be a shame if you ended up the same way with an attitude like that !

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hang on a minute...

'too fair'? So very fair then. Really, really ever so fair. So a good thing?

9. Bottom-muncher. Perhaps current affairs isn't the place for your spray and pray observations and opinions. There is a thread entitled 'random thread of bollocks'. You are infinitely more qualified to engage there than you are here.

I kind of like having you around, it's like having a cyber poo throwing pet monkey. You're going to have to stop throwing said poo in this part of the forum though. Capiche?

• Like Like x 7
  10. Whilst it cannot be denied that there are many seriously unwell/disabled people about we do seem to have an inordinate number of claimants in what is supposed to be a healthy country, why is this so? surely the way forward is to sort out the cause so as not to suffer the affects, in Kent there has been a large percentage of claimants who don't bother to attend for assessment when they get the call, is this an indication of the high number of false claims currently running in the system?:neutral:

11. We need to look after the genuine claiments, however there seem to be rather a large percentage of those who are abusing the system.
    I have also noticed that certain areas of the UK seem to have a disproportionate number of claiments, certain areas of Wales which are unemployment blackspots in the past seem to have transferred job seekers onto the disability allowance, this made unemployment figures improve, however a move which has bitten the government in the arse.

12. Yes it's not just this government that's been caught out, it's time that all governments/politicians put out the facts as to where the real problems exist instead of manipulating the figures & trying to bamboozle the public with smoke & mirrors.

QUESTION! is the attendance allowance being included in the current overhaul of the benefits system?

13. The problem exists because politicians and governments manipulate the figures to feed the drivel that idiots like you come out with.

Please Lil's I want to call him a

14. AAF

AAF Badgeman

Armchair consultant ?........ yep.

15. My names not Sir i work for a living.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  16. In your case sir is CUR!