Ex RN Chef thinking of joining up, advice please...

N

Nippit

WTF?

If HM wants to bestow a commission and / or rank in HM Armed Forces on her children and grandchildren then she can. If her Regiments and Arms wish to have a Royal Commodore or Colonel as their tribal head, they can.

As far as I know, the Royal Princes and Princess Anne all appear on the active lists therefore there is nothing 'honorary' about their ranks. Their appointments yes, ranks, no. Sharp eyed viewers will notice that Prince William has been promoted in all three services since 'leaving' the RAF. Granny makes it so.

Although appointed Commodore in Chief of the RFA, Prince Edward held the rank of Captain RFA until Prince Andrew was promoted (?) Rear Admiral in (?) 2011. Edward was then promoted Commodore. RFA officers are not commissioned although their Captains and 3 Commodores appear in the Navy List.

I recall (reports) and photos of Prince Philip in his 80s visiting one of his Regiments in Iraq. Although a Field Marshal on the Army List, he was wearing Colonel's tabs with regimental headgear. 'The lads' were chuffed to fcuk. Then again, he could have rocked up in towel and flip flops and still be greeted like the god he is.
He was attending as the Regiment' Colonel-in-Chief sometimes Captain-General or Colonel of the Regiment. These are his Ceremonial roles. Had he attended as a Royal Field Marshal --that would have been in his operational role.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
He was attending as the Regiment' Colonel-in-Chief sometimes Captain-General or Colonel of the Regiment. These are his Ceremonial roles. Had he attended as a Royal Field Marshal --that would have been in his operational role.
You didn't read this then?
Perhaps I wasn't clear. He was wearing the uniform of the Regiment he was visiting, the Regiment of which he was/ is Colonel in Chief. There was no mishap, HRH ( praises be upon his name) was correctly dressed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
7 Joining the RFA as a chef apprentice RFA 8
C Apprentice chef RFA 2
H Chef question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
C Life at worthy down as a RFA chef apprentice RFA 12
T Apprentice chef RFA 18
N Waiting times 2020 for a chef Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
J Joining as a chef, should I join the RFA or the RN? RFA 11
J Should I join the RN or RFA as a chef. Joining the Royal Navy 6
N How tough is the competition to become a chef apprentice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Skylarker Being a Chef. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Chef Apprentice course RFA 24
O Advice - join from South Africa as Chef Joining the Royal Navy 5
B RFA chef apprentice. Joining the Royal Navy 21
H Does a Chef Apprentice have deep sea diving training for when fish stocks are low? RFA 29
Logisticogs Phase 2 - Chef training, Raleigh or Pompey? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
T I have recently applied for the apprentice chef role can anyone tell me when the sift is? RFA 6
U Difficulty getting into RFA as apprentice chef? RFA 28
D Submarine Chef Submariners 21
Wightsparker Watch your back, Chef.... Diamond Lil's 21
T Joining as a Chef Joining the Royal Navy 15
Kham Apprentice Chef work pattern RFA 15
J Chef Apprentice Gun Training. RFA 15
J Chef Apprentice Wages. RFA 5
J HMS Raleigh, Chef Apprentice. RFA 16
T Chef Course is the hardest? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 72
J Chef Training Joining the Royal Navy 11
J Chef Apprentice Guidance RFA 12
S Apprentice Chef Interview RFA 16
Ollie-O Cleverest Chef in the Fleet! Miscellaneous 22
Cap-H RFA Chef Apprenticeship/HMS Raleigh RFA 18
jacko_rn Chef Apprentice RFA 28
PedlarP Former Royal Navy chef jailed over £1m 'fake' sea bass scam The Quarterdeck 25
justadrama Chef Submariner Alongside Submariners 31
W Tall chef Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 49
Sgt Jobsearch Head Chef & Catering Manager - Shropshire - £30,000 plus benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
B recruitment test for chef Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 56
M Chef Promotion Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
andrew.davis910 Would going into the navy at 18 to be a chef be a decent job choice?? The Gash Barge 241
frogman007 One lucky chef The Quarterdeck 2
D Waiting list for chef or chef (submariner) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Front line Army chef commended MoD News 0
ForcesJobShop House Keeper/ Chef/ Handyman The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
BFRS Harrods Role- Chef De Partie - Night Baker The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
I whats the waiting time for a chef Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "Award Honour For Navy Chef" The Fleet 5
BeansOnToast? Chef training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Head Chef - Africa The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
D Is anyone going in as a submariner chef and still waitin for a start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
sgtpepperband Master Chef Master Beatz The Internet - Best and Worst 0
Illuminati Chef's Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5