Ex Regular

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Borochap, Sep 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I left in August 2004 and if I joined the RNR would I have to do new entry again?

I've been told both yes and no but would like a definite answer.

If I have to do Raleigh again I'm out.

2. No you would not have to redo RALEIGH. The Unit just has to apply for the exemption from CMR, as you have been out for 5 years.

3. agreed, I was out 7 and was exempted. you may, have to sit through new entry classes at your unit, as I did. Christ what a waste of time, or if you have an enlightened NETO, you may go straight to branch (better)
    best of british anyhoo.

4. NETO?

I'm out of the loop in jack speak sorry.

I had the above confirmed today so that's ok. I don't fancy new entry classes mind.

Trade wise what is my best bet?

5. I would fcuking love to do Raleigh again.

6. NETO = New Entry Training Officer

You may need a few NE training classes to be brought up to speed on significant changes since you left eg JPA, branches, relationship of the RNR to the regular service, and some specific RNR topics like the Reserve Forces Act. Other than that, a decent training team will realise you know how to iron a shirt and send you straight to branch.

If sent to Raleigh it'd only be 2 weeks.

7. Cheers chaps, it's all clear now.

Looks I'm dropping a rate from AB1 to AB2 as my branch doesn't exist in the RNR but what the heck? I didn't like that star on my branch badge anyway.

8. "Badges? We don't need no fcuking badges."

God bless Blazing Saddles.

A

9. Lifted shamelessly from Alfonso Bedoya in "Treasure of the Sierra Madre".

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

Thank you for watching the Pedantry Channel. We now return you to your normal scheduled broadcast...

10. Tip fcuking top!

Glad to see that **** retentiveness is still a respected attribute on RR (recent focus has been on blind contradiction). In the spirit of pedantry so expertly displayed I would like to correct my previous post. It should obviously have read:

"Badges? We dont need no stinking badges."

A

11. I've PM'd you Borochap. :wink:

12. Hey mate,how long did it take your unit to sort out your papers and put you straight onto ab2 and decide you didn't have to do raleigh.

13. They didn't I simply asked and they mailed me saying as much.

14. HMM..... disgust