ex-Navy servicewoman stole £60k from a sea cadet charity

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
News story about someone called Lisa Harrison who was treasurer at TS Venomous in Loughborough stealing £60K from the unit. One thing that flagged up with me is that she has been claiming to be ex-Navy who did tours in Bosnia. Now Op Grapple ran from 1992 to 1995 when she was 16-19 how likely was it that this Bosnia service is made up to get a reduced sentence?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/ex-navy-servicewoman-stole-60k-2617339
Possibly, let the Walter Mitty hinter club know, they will get the truth.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Seadog

War Hero
let the Walter Mitty hinter club know, they will get the truth.
Like self appointed paedophile hunters, sometimes Walter Mitty hunters and those who provide them with candidates get it completely wrong.

They are not the National Crime Agency.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
From another site... Lisa mulenioux was her maiden name and she was a Wro. Went through Mercury with her.

Second person says...Lisa moloneux we were at mercs in 92

Third person says.... I remember Lisa

Not a Walter Mitty then.

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
From another site... Lisa mulenioux was her maiden name and she was a Wro. Went through Mercury with her.

Second person says...Lisa moloneux we were at mercs in 92

Third person says.... I remember Lisa

Not a Walter Mitty then.
Such a shame, I like to see the WMHC get to work!

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Once they realise that ‘Walter Mitty’ was a dreamer who never misrepresented himself there may be something to discuss.
Never thought of it like, I do like it when they catch them out. They caught a guy who I knew that had done wonderful things for the Commando benevelant fund, he had served but as ACC, told everyone he was ex para. Very sad and all because he didn't think his own real service was good enough.

Mackan2017

Badgeman
She's a thief but she's certainly not the first ex-Wren to tread the wrong path upon leaving the service......I read about one a couple of years ago that forced the evacuation of a ship that was alongside in guzz dockyard by initiating a bomb scare (I kid you not) ......I think she then went on to defraud a company (or was it Pusser??) of thousands of pounds.

If memory serves me correct, there was also another Wren (a good while ago) in Pompey who was banging out-of-watch and when her infidelity was exposed she cried rape, nearly causing a PO to get banged up......until she came clean and subsequently received a custodial sentence herself! :)

And probably the most (in)famous Wren's case of the last few years (I won't name her) will be landmarked later this year when a certain lady leaves the RN after 35 years service. Back in the day, this particular lady received even more press attention than skipper of HMS Portland!!

Last edited:

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
I was on a course with a Lisa Harrison. I have a course phot but can’t be sure if it’s her. She appears to have let herself go a wee bit these days.

She's a thief but she's certainly not the first ex-Wren to tread the wrong path upon leaving the service......I read about one a couple of years ago that forced the evacuation of a ship that was alongside in guzz dockyard by initiating a bomb scare (I kid you not) ......I think she then went on to defraud a company (or was it Pusser??) of thousands of pounds.
Done in the name of love.