Ex Navy Chief

Seadog

War Hero
First Sea Lord and Chief of Naval Staff.

Sounds like a Navy Chief to me.

Has anyone got anything to say about the Admiral's take on future capability, ships to task etc or shall I cleanse Current Affairs of this dreary 'not a Chief' bullshit?

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I thought it was interesting that a Forces publication chose to use the headline 'Ex Navy Chief', not 'Ex Navy Chief of Staff'.
So sorry you find it dreary.

First Sea Lord and Chief of Naval Staff.

Sounds like a Navy Chief to me.

Has anyone got anything to say about the Admiral's take on future capability, ships to task etc or shall I cleanse Current Affairs of this dreary 'not a Chief' bullshit?
Barge it, gives free-gangway to a few bored but interested souls.

Rather surprised that you had not done so already... (possibly getting soft now that you are outside and no longer need the points :WINK: ?)

Seadog

War Hero
RFA Chief Engineer Officers are colloquially called 'Chief' despite having the rank of Captain.

Sumo

War Hero
May be the reporter is Dyslexic and he meant Navy Chef:D gobbing off:eek: nothing new then:rolleyes:

WreckerL

War Hero
RFA Chief Engineer Officers are colloquially called 'Chief' despite having the rank of Captain.
I always found that weird when I was Unicorn support group and we were on Diligence. The first time I came across it I was chatting to the Chief Engineer in the workshop when a motorman came in and called out "excuse me Chief" and we both turned round and said "yes"

Sumo

War Hero
I always found that weird when I was Unicorn support group and we were on Diligence. The first time I came across it I was chatting to the Chief Engineer in the workshop when a motorman came in and called out "excuse me Chief" and we both turned round and said "yes"
One Chief and one Walt then:D

Latest Threads