Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ex Navy Chef = liar on CV

fly_past said:
An ex navy chef has been exposed as a liar http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7274743.stm after making things up on his CV: including getting Royal gifts of a castle,
Knighthood and cooking for USA presidents.

Your thoughts are...?

The man deserves a medal :thumright: - theoretically he has 'cooked' for the Queen ('s Royal Navy .... !! ;) )

Gullibility still rules in the make-belive world of US Television then ..... :lol:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hmm, I can see the problem. He claimed he served on the Royal Yacht Britannia. But also claimed to have served in the Royal Navy..?! 8O

It says something about the the US upper class that the quality of the cooking counts less than the social qudos of the (celebrity) cook!

If he makes good cheesy hammy eggies (Nutty's version using goat cheese is particularly nice) I'm interested! :razz:

Ant_H

Lantern Swinger
"It was an English fruitcake that weighed over 360 pounds," he told the Toronto Sun. "I worked on these elaborate side panels, which told the history of the royal Windsor and Spencer families - in icing!"

I'll give the man credit, if you're going to lie, do it in style! A family history-Cake, beats the edible paper with Tom & Jerry on.

At least he got the 'cake being done at the school' right - I was in Pembroke when it was being put together.

Hey, I could claim I (was one of the dusties that) provided the ingredients for the Royal Cake - an extra bit on my CV ..... :thumright:

:biggrin:

YouAreHavingALaugh

Lantern Swinger
If his time at sea was on the Britannia, he was never a Chef.

He would have been a cook, the change to chef has only been for the past few years or so.

Some spotter will know exaxtly when.

And the day they changed from cooks to chefs the food did not taste any better so call themselves what they like.

And remember anyone can cook, it is what it tastes like that matters.

Bluetot

Lantern Swinger
Please dont knock the guy, he had the most challengeing coarse in the RN, the "Chefs" course is the hardest coarse anyone can do , it must be no barsteward ever passed it.

2badge_mango

War Hero
Bluetot said:
Please dont knock the guy, he had the most challengeing coarse in the RN, the "Chefs" course is the hardest coarse anyone can do , it must be no barsteward ever passed it.

There's no joke like an old one!! Keep 'em coming matey, you'll make stand up yet!

2BM

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Pembroke School of Incineration Motto:

**WHEN THEY'RE BROWN - TURN THEM ROUND**
**WHEN THEY'RE BLACK - GIVE 'EM JACK**

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PedlarP Former Royal Navy chef jailed over £1m 'fake' sea bass scam The Quarterdeck 25
andrew.davis910 Would going into the navy at 18 to be a chef be a decent job choice?? The Gash Barge 241
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "Award Honour For Navy Chef" The Fleet 5
5dits Chef on Royal Navy submarine HMS Tireless Current Affairs 24
slim Navy chef wins top prize Diamond Lil's 17
AccessHeritage Royal Navy's Use of The Infernal Machine History 19
MoD_RSS Royal Navy warship sails into Arctic Circle for High North operation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Royal Navy concludes first joint exercises with Egypt MoD News 0
N royal navy medical appeal alcohol Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
higthepig Navy news October 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
mikh Navy Net asks for your consent to use your personal data to: Bloody Computers 9
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seizes over 450kg in the largest methamphetamine drug bust in the Middle East MoD News 0
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy: 215th Anniversary Of The Battle Of Trafalgar History 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity - Hosting Your Own Trafalgar Night/Pickle Night Dinner History 2
soleil Express: "Submarine Sparks Panic In Scotland As Onlookers Mistake Royal Navy Exercise For Fire" Submariners 2
sampost Jubilee Sailing Trust announces pioneering collaboration with the Royal Navy Sports and Adventure Training 2
soleil Royal Navy Recipients In The Queen's Birthday Honours List 2020 Current Affairs 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity: World Uckers Championship 2020 The Fleet 1
soleil The Times: "Life On The Ocean Wave: The Royal Navy Photographic Awards" The Fleet 1
soleil BBC: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: On board The Royal Navy's New Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seize £160 million worth of drugs in the Caribbean MoD News 1
higthepig Navy news September 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
soleil NWE Mail: "Barrow Built Submarine Becomes Inaugural Winner Of A New Royal Navy Commendation" Submariners 2
soleil New Badge For Trainee Royal Navy Submariners Submariners 18
M Royal Navy interviews Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Royal Navy Handymen The Fleet 21
B how to find service number royal navy Site Issues 7
soleil P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19" Bases / Shore Est 4
H Royal Navy Push up standards Joining the Royal Navy 5
J Navy or RAF Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 8
soleil FB: NAVYFit - Squash - 1SL v The Chief Of The Australian Navy Sports and Adventure Training 1
higthepig Navy news August 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
S Transfer from Army to Navy Joining the Royal Navy 13
D Both parents in the Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 1
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy - On This Day - Sir Thomas Sean Connery Was Born History 3
MoD_RSS DIO completes state-of-the-art gym for Royal Navy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK launches multinational training to enhance Ukrainian Navy against threats from the East MoD News 0
soleil Somerset Live: Royal Navy 'Legend' Still Flying After 50 Years And 9,200 Hours In The Air The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil FB: Navy Wings: 'The Wrong Sort Of Air' ……......…..... The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil Dorset Echo: "‘Does Anyone Know My Old Navy Friend?" The Quarterdeck 4
T Navy Entry Date Marine Engineer Joining the Royal Navy 4
T Application process-Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 8
T Fitness Test Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 15
T Commissioning from army to navy (hopefully) UPO/Careers Office 24
D Navy CBAT/FATs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity - Black Tot Day - 50th Anniversary History 11
soleil FB: Navy Wings - Aircrew Logbooks The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS Glen Mallan jetty refurbishment to support Royal Navy’s surface fleets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stena Superfast VII and Royal Navy submarine report published MoD News 0
J Navy to raf apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8