Ex Navy Chef = liar on CV

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by fly_past, Mar 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An ex navy chef has been exposed as a liar http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7274743.stm after making things up on his CV: including getting Royal gifts of a castle,
    Knighthood and cooking for USA presidents.

Your thoughts are...?

2. The man deserves a medal :thumright: - theoretically he has 'cooked' for the Queen ('s Royal Navy .... !! ;) )

Gullibility still rules in the make-belive world of US Television then ..... :lol:

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, I can see the problem. He claimed he served on the Royal Yacht Britannia. But also claimed to have served in the Royal Navy..?! 8O

4. It says something about the the US upper class that the quality of the cooking counts less than the social qudos of the (celebrity) cook!

If he makes good cheesy hammy eggies (Nutty's version using goat cheese is particularly nice) I'm interested! :razz:

5. "It was an English fruitcake that weighed over 360 pounds," he told the Toronto Sun. "I worked on these elaborate side panels, which told the history of the royal Windsor and Spencer families - in icing!"

I'll give the man credit, if you're going to lie, do it in style! A family history-Cake, beats the edible paper with Tom & Jerry on.

6. At least he got the 'cake being done at the school' right - I was in Pembroke when it was being put together.

Hey, I could claim I (was one of the dusties that) provided the ingredients for the Royal Cake - an extra bit on my CV ..... :thumright:

:biggrin:

7. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

A fruitcake indeed!

8. Is he partial toa bit of Navy Cake?

9. ...well he did serve on the Royal Yacht :dwarf:

10. If his time at sea was on the Britannia, he was never a Chef.

He would have been a cook, the change to chef has only been for the past few years or so.

Some spotter will know exaxtly when.

And the day they changed from cooks to chefs the food did not taste any better so call themselves what they like.

And remember anyone can cook, it is what it tastes like that matters.

11. Please dont knock the guy, he had the most challengeing coarse in the RN, the "Chefs" course is the hardest coarse anyone can do , it must be no barsteward ever passed it.

12. anyone that claims to be a chef in the RN is a liar anyway..... :pukel:
    bloody food warmers

13. There's no joke like an old one!! Keep 'em coming matey, you'll make stand up yet!

2BM

14. Who called the Chef a cnut?

Who called the cnut a chef?????

15. I've always prefered the term 'Scran Assassin'. Sums it up nicely for me.

16. swinger of clubs=PTI
    Peeler of spuds =chef

17. That man should have been a MP in the Conservative party. He would have been made a real lord in no time.

18. By the sound of it he is a 360 lb fruitcake himself

19. Pembroke School of Incineration Motto:

**WHEN THEY'RE BROWN - TURN THEM ROUND**
    **WHEN THEY'RE BLACK - GIVE 'EM JACK**

20. whats in the pie chef

Mince

yep i bet you do