Ex-Marine 'stole and sold comrades' medals'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by plymwebed, May 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An ex-Royal Marine from Plymouth has appeared in court charged with stealing medals from comrades and selling them on.
    Read more at thisisplymouth

2. Im lost for words. What a fecking [email protected]

3. Lost for words. Ah yes, CNUT!
    NZB

4. Whatever happened to comradeship and looking out for your mates?

I suppose there is always one bad apple in the barrel that lets the side down.

Hope he hangs his head in shame and is banned from any associations etc.

5. Speechless!! Can you imagine how many people are going to be after him keen to fill him in!!

6. Suspended sentence would be appropriate. Hanged on Bickleigh viaduct.

RM

7. He could have had mine for free!!! thats if I can find them.

8. £76 for an LS and GC.

15 years of making sure that my oppos took the wrap for anything bad or that i stole thier thunder for teh good stuff,

thats only a fiver a year, it aint worth the hassle.

next time i turn too sod it, i dont care anymore

9. what a complete knob, i bet the WWII vets are turning in there graves, he should get like 20yrs in jail where there is alot of gay people there.ROFL

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Stan's got about 47 medals anyway.

Odds are he wouldn't have missed the odd few if someone had flogged 'em.

11. back in 66 i was a kid on a bar boat at rosyth,well one day my pittance as an od was taken from my locker,told the l/s and the next thing i saw was the cook being manhandled down into the hold by a bunch of scary boomers and i was told they placed his fingers in the splicing vice and broke every finger,i was uptop and heard his screams,they just left him in the hold and as the only ladder was a vertical rung he had to be lifted out on a neil robertson.the cops came down but their efforts to find out what happened were half hearted.the cook had a gambling problem and was never seen again,wonder if he ever stole again after that i doubt it.

12. Justice was done in them days , :thumright:

13. Not allowed to take those measures these days. You'd get done and find yourself paying compensation to the "victim", er, I mean thief. Besides you'd never get past the Risk Assessment process.

SF